• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This trend -IS- a problem, despite being 4-0

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

Simple....pound the rock until 5:00 minutes left, then go for the clock management....I'd rather hear complaints of the other team fan-base about running up the score, then dealing with our complaints of giving up points in the 4th.

Simple....pound the rock until 5:00 minutes left, then go for the clock management....I'd rather hear complaints of the other team fan-base about running up the score, then dealing with our complaints of giving up points in the 4th.

Amen.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

This would bother me more Jim if the games (albeit Kansas) weren't essentially in the bag. I feel your pain... but up until the last FIU drive, they had less than 100 total yards of offense. UCF had less than 200 total yards of offense.

I would be more worried about the play calling in key situations (the QB sneak when you five different running backs that could possibly go over the top from one yard out). Let me see... a three yard head start with momentum, or a hard push behind a lineman that is being cut at his legs with a linebacker coming over the top? A third down pass with less than four minutes remaining and a two TD lead against UCF when a sweep or draw would be fine.

Don't get me wrong... Gregory has had us in position to win... but man, I would rather have the ball in Richard Kelly's hands or Mike Ford's hands at the 1 than Matt Grothe's... not that Ben isn't a human bowling ball either, but Kelly and Ford remind me of Michael Bush of old.

The coaches need to learn how to stick the knife in and twist it when a team shows signs of life late in the game.

Oh, and "PREVENT DEFENSE PREVENTS YOU FROM WINNING."

I said the same thing last night, we had the knife in at several points durring that game but we dont know how to twist it and put teams away for good.

• Content Count:  3,403

I think a lot of it is due to the less than stellar secondary.  Teams open up on us in the fourth quarter.  Even FIU got the big pass play with the new QB in the 4th quarter.  UCF and Kansas picked the secondary apart in the 4th.  When the opponent is playing from behind and goes to the air, we got big problemas.

With UCF, the problem was a Matt Grothe TO and a good punt return from UCf.  With Kansas, the problem was Todd Reesing.  With FIU, the problem was 2 linebackers in coverage against that #4 guy that should have gotten the ball a lot more against us.

I'm not sure yet that the secondary is that bad.  We are still 29th in the nation in Pass Defense and 12th in Total Defense.

• Content Count:  10,219

12-0...doubtful, we are still playing down to the competition.

we are not playing consistantly at a high level that will come back to bite us. remember 2007?

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

The trend is that we get out played and out coached in evry game in the 4th quarter. IMO most of that comes down to the desire of the players wanting to be the best. I totally believe we have better players/athletes overall than any team we've faced to this point.

Under no circumstances should UCF or FIU even still be in the game at the end. NONE! But we let them, because they want it.

We will have one heck of a hard time winning next week at NC State.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Speaking od njuries, any word on any of them?

• Content Count:  2,478

I have to ask for the opposite. We have to convert 3rd downs! With 6 minutes on the clock deep in your own territory you don't run a QB draw on 3rd and 8!!!! You pass the freaking ball. Gregory has me stumped on his thinking. He acted as if Grothe has no arm and is only allowed to run against weak teams. If I remember correctly he throws the ball pretty well. But I could be wrong.

Archived