• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

www.rockchalktalk.com/

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

Good writeupon KU's fan site, not sure if anyone posted this yet.

http://www.rockchalktalk.com/

Suck.

Rockchalktalk_tiny by rockchalk on Sep 12, 2008 11:01 PM CDT in Football

There are a bunch of positives to take away from that game. I don't really have the senses or the patience to deal with it right now, but the positives are still there. I promise.

South Florida is a **** good team. I'll give them that. But, like everyone said before the game, it is readily apparaent that we were both equal tonight, and that we are equal teams. The difference tonight was simply the homefield advantage. That played a heavy, heavy role. An incredibly large role. A massive role. The difference in the game.

I am busy tomorrow, but will provide some semblance of thought sometime later tomorrow night while watching the tOSU-USC game, and then further diseect it on Sunday.

But for now, just don't get too down on yourself, Kansas fan. South Florida is the likely Big East Champion, assuming they don't **** the bed at some point down the line, and are clearly a Top 15 team in the Country. Just because we lost to a team like that on a last-second FG on the road in primetime national TV people will assume that we weren't for real. But, and this is obvious for anyone who took the time to watch the game, we clearly belonged tonight. Both teams did. Like it or not, college football traditionalists, both Kansas and South Florida is here to stay.

So, for the next 24 hours, think about this as far as the game goes: Kansas is still a **** good football team, there wer eplenty of positives to take away from tonight. South Florida was just able to escape. On that note, I am certainly glad that we showed some balls, some kahootz, and were able to come back from a near-death experience and somehow make a game out of it. Somehow. As terrifyingly awful as the end of the game was tonight, it was certainly much better than Matt Grothe simply kneeing on the freaking turf while holding a 21-point, 41-20 lead, which seemed a lot more likely.

Better luck next time, maybe. And, while this doesn't necessarily matter at all, we certainly got our share of breaks last year. It was probably time for at least one to go against us.

Positive thoughts. Positive thoughts. Positive thoughts.

Oh, and George Selvie for Heisman. ****, is he good.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That is the truth.

We sneaked away with win against an equally matched opponent.  If that game were in Kansas we lose.  I'm glad it was at home.  Let's extend this series that game was FUN!

• Content Count:  971

If we had lost, we would certainly be complaining more about the B12 officiating crew. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If we played the game in Kansas, we'd have lost by a field goal.  And Kansas fans would be thinking "If we lost, we'd be complaining about the Big East refs."  As much as I think the refs stunk, you've got to play through it.  There's always calls that go each way, we just focus more on the ones that go against us.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Besides, it's better than my daughter's soccer game on Saturday.  We were playing at home and the ref was VP of our club.  He made calls against us all day long.  If two of our girls didn't get hurt because he let them get away with so much, it would have almost been funny.

I guess he didn't want to seem impartial...

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

yup.  big win against a well matched opponent.

doesn't get better than that.

• Content Count:  645

I liked this comment -

The box score...interesting note attendance 58,000 and wow was it loud there at times or what.

• Content Count:  4,738

But for now, just don't get too down on yourself, Kansas fan. South Florida is the likely Big East Champion, assuming they don't **** the bed at some point down the line, and are clearly a Top 15 team in the Country.

I hope we don't **** the bed.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

When it boils down to it, I'd rather be lucky than good any day...    We'll take the "W"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I hope we don't **** the bed.

That would be a great signature ...

Archived