• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Johnny Peyton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

dropping the balls won't change as the receivers get older

huey never stopped dropping the ball even in his last game

they need to demote players that drop balls and promote others

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

Andre Hall got stuffed for negative yuards or no gain many times.

Well If you RUN OUT OF THE SHOTGUN YOU HAVE TO GAIN 2 or 3 just to get back to Line Of SCRIMMAGE!!! Gotta give Hall more chances out of I form and Pro sets not Shotgun. He was running hard and it looked to me that he wanted it in his hands during the game the most out of anybody. I dont know about everyone else but I would have given it to him. This system was great for Marquel but might need to be tweeked for different people. Gotta adjust to better D's!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Personally, I think Marquel was overrated.

He did one thing very few college QB's have managed.  He had 19 TD's and 2 INT.  Without those picks thrown, we were +21 TOM.  #1 in the nation.  It's not a huge surprise we won games when our QB back then never turned it over.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I can understand why they are limiting balls to Peyton, he is young and inexperienced at the college level, and this was a very good USM team, but I agree he has some tremendous talent, the future looks bright.

However I dont understand why we didnt throw the ball to Andre Hall.  The only ball thrown his way that I can recall nailed him in the back of the head.  He was pretty successful getting YAC against TCU and showed very good hands.

I guess it comes down to playcalling, but I would have thrown the ball his way a few more times, Crossley too for that matter.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Personally, I think Marquel was overrated.

really which of his numbers do you have a problem with?

wins?

total passing yds?

total rushing yds?

TD to TO ratio?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

dropping the balls won't change as the receivers get older

huey never stopped dropping the ball even in his last game

they need to demote players that drop balls and promote others

Big Difference Steve-o....Peyton catches most everything in practice.  He's the real deal but a true freshman jitters sometimes get the best of them....however, if you ever watched Huey Whittaker in practice the guy had hands of stone.  He'd make every third catch.  Oddly, Whitaker did have the knack for the difficult to catch, acrobatic snags, but it was the mundane easy stuff that eluded him too often.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Andre Hall got stuffed for negative yuards or no gain many times.

Well If you RUN OUT OF THE SHOTGUN YOU HAVE TO GAIN 2 or 3 just to get back to Line Of SCRIMMAGE!!! Gotta give Hall more chances out of I form and Pro sets not Shotgun. He was running hard and it looked to me that he wanted it in his hands during the game the most out of anybody. I dont know about everyone else but I would have given it to him. This system was great for Marquel but might need to be tweeked for different people. Gotta adjust to better D's!

THEY DID AND THEY STILL STUFFED HIM.  JEEZ GUYS IF YOUR GOING TO TALK SMACK THEN AT LEAST WATCH THE GAME.  WE CAME OUT IN A POWER SET WITH TWO TIGHTENDS, RAN THE BALL TWICE AND GAINED ZERO YARDS.

We ran often out of traditional power sets, but you can't do shi* when they stack the box begging you to throw the ball.  There is only so much a team can do with 7 men to block 9!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

THEY DID AND THEY STILL STUFFED HIM.  JEEZ GUYS IF YOUR GOING TO TALK SMACK THEN AT LEAST WATCH THE GAME.  WE CAME OUT IN A POWER SET WITH TWO TIGHTENDS, RAN THE BALL TWICE AND GAINED ZERO YARDS.

We ran often out of traditional power sets, but you can't do shi* when they stack the box begging you to throw the ball.  There is only so much a team can do with 7 men to block 9!

Exactly - I said it when the season started, you can't win by the running game alone.  A good D will stuff it.  You gotta open it up with the pass.  We didn't so that against So Miss.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260

When I talked about hall I didnt mean we need to run everytime fellas. He had 14 carries for 62 yards,granted one carry was for 26 yards, but that proves that he has capability to break it. I really like looks of Peyton and I totally think he needs more touches. But at the same time only 14 carries for your best rb is not enough in my mind. Plus we ran qb sneaks a couple of times when I couldnt understand why? But anyways wanted to clarify my statement about hall. We will be fine just made to many mistakes, mainly INT's that cost us this past game. Were young but I like the talent level of are young players!! Go Bulls 8)