• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It was an exciting one, Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  0

We definitely had our chances, however Julmiste was way off last night.  Receivers were consistently open but poor throws kept killing us.  Smazza wasn't there so he feels he can poor mouth the team.  Watching the game- you did have a sense that if Julmiste was on like last week, this game would have been no contest.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

Personally, I am proud of our team. I have faith in our team because they play with heart. I just think that double OT win against TCU may have took alot out of the team last night. The defense was pretty flat early on in the game, but they came to life. I believe USF is just going to get better as the season goes along because of our young players learning how to win. This is going to be a bowl year IMO. They have the tools to do it.  I will also have to say that our offense is much improved this season thanks to MR HALL. I dont know about you, but I really believe we are going to be sitting pretty in these next few years. It kind of feels like the 2001 season in where we started to improve which made our 2002 great. I see that with this program right now.  And to be honest, I believe we can win against anyone left on our schedule. Call me crazy, but I just like what I see once we correct the penalties and mental errors.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bulldad-"poor mouth"  look at the stats!

you coach??

we need a qb that can produce game after game.we must win  games against our top competition at home

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I am all for our team, but they are playing like crap.  They played down to TT, and then squeaked one out at TCU.  I do not want to even talk about the SC game.

If I did a poor job at work, I would hope my boss would tell me.  While fans are technically the "boss" of the team, we are stakeholders.  If they are playing poorly then it is our job to tell them so they can correct the problems before it gets too late to correct them.

That game gave me a stomachache

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

He has a great point about the O-line.  PJ had plenty of time on many plays - he was able to look at 2nd and 3rd receivers often, but they were usually covered.

Covered?  Huh, he had a wide open Ruegger, CJ Lewis, Bain, Peyton, Lipp, and Garris that PJ just absolutely missed fired on.  They were extremely wide open, he hits those WR's the score might be different, and he would have only had 1 INT.  The passes were not that difficult.

Smazza, we could have won it if PJ was on...if your going to comment make the correct comments or expect people to come back and attack you especially someone who has a son on this team.

PJ was way off, and your right we are only going to go as far as his arm will take us.  PJ's got potential, but he's got a ways to go before games like TCU will be the norm.  Saturday Night the WR's were more open then they were at TCU, because USM sold out to stop the run....yet we didn't consistently capitalize and force them to play us honest.  Therefore we could never get our running game on track, and PJ continued to mis-fire more than he made.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

No team is perfect and we certainly didn't take advantage of the numerous opportunities this game presented to us. At the same time, fans need to have a little more understanding when it comes to giving up on a team. Yes-- we played poorly all things considered. But we also did some things the right way and had a chance to pull out a win even after they went up by two TDs. Things just didn't work out for us. If fans want to claim that the Bulls suck or that they are underperforming or not meeting your expectations-- I guess that is your right to have that opinion. What I saw was simply a case of bad timing-- costly penalties, missed passing attempts, fumbles, and some so-so play calling in goal line situations. I don't know if we can point the finger at anyone in particular. PJ will no doubt get the brunt of the blame in the passing dept but overall-- everyone on the team had a rough night and that can happen anytime you pay a quality team. If you don't think Southern Miss is a quality team-- you don't understand football IMO. Could we/should we have beaten them? Of course we could have given all those excellent opportunities. BUT-- they can easily say the same thing because they did not play a flawless games themselves (i.e. the punt snapped over the punters head etc). Bottom line is that in any game-- any number of things can go right or wrong. Great teams plow through those adversities or limit how many they face in the first place. USF is not a great team at this point and if you are objective about it-- you realize just how many young guys we have playing for us right now. Many lack the experience to avoid the dumb penalties or mental gaps that while they don't happen in bunches-- add up for the team as a whole.

As for BB2000's assertion that USF can beat anyone left on our schedule-- that is true in some respects. To beat UL at this point though would take an almost perfect game by our team. The others are equally tough games and we better not go into games against ECU or Army thinking just showing up is enough. ALL wins will have to be earned.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you guys are out of your mind if you think we can beat UL

delusional to say the least

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

Come on smazza, it can be done. Sure it will take a perfect game, but The Bulls can pull it off. A lot of things can change for the good before we play the Cards.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  226

Stranger things have happened, we get our shot at Louisville after Miami softens them up a little  ;D