• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great news concerning the most expensive soda in college football...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Soda? Are you gay?

Uh no, but apparently you missed this awhile back...

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/aug/27/sp-college-footballs-highest-priced-soda-is-at-rjs/sports/

When I went to RayJay, and was standing in line I remebered that article. The funny thing is that my soda only cost $4.75. Maybe they lowered the price after the article came out, but it's more likely it was referring to a larger size. The price is bad enough but they end up filling it half with ice.

In that case, when you order the drink, just ask for a little bit of ice. If they ask why, just tell them you have a fear of choking on ice.

I wonder if they'd give me a free soda if I told them I was choking on the price;)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Ooooooooh, I see what you did there. Cleverrrrrrrr.

• Content Count:  377
  • Days Won:  0

Soda? Are you gay?

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/aug/27/sp-college-footballs-highest-priced-soda-is-at-rjs/sports/

I'll give you one chance to redeem yourself here...is this your reason for getting soda?

3342.jpg

Buy a soda and bring in a few "pocket shots" and you have the cheapest and largest cocktail in college football :shhh

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Soda? Are you gay?

I'll give you one chance to redeem yourself here...is this your reason for getting soda?

3342.jpg

Buy a soda and bring in a few "pocket shots" and you have the cheapest and largest cocktail in college football :shhh

Just make sure you don't put that under your hat. For some reason, they think that's the only place to hide contraband.  ::)

• Content Count:  63

Pocket shots? I try and bring a flask's worth to each game! Gotta love college...

• Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I shall be purchasing an expensive soda this Friday.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I shall be purchasing an expensive soda this Friday.

I get them for the souvenir cups ..... I have a table setting for 16.

• Content Count:  996

Hey, I dont know if any of you are 21, but I dont drink inside the stadium at Bulls games..if you are over 21, go to Guest Services, show your id and get a designated driver wristband.  When you do that, they give you a free soda coupon.  I always do that for my first half drink and then pay for the second half drink.  Saves a few bucks.  Nobody knows about it, but its a great deal.  Just dont drink once you sign up to be a designated driver..lol. 

-Gurly

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

This really saved me for the TN Martin game.  I was stuck working pretty late so ended up a bit rushed leaving for the game on Saturday, didn't have any cash but just assumed they took credit cards.  Not sure how you sell beer @ $10 / pint and don't take credit cards.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

it's funny, I was just talking to someone today about use of cash vs credit at the games and had forgotten that the concessions didn't take credit. I always brought 3 things to every game with me, ID, cash, credit card...not sure why I ever brought the card other than force of habit

Hey, I dont know if any of you are 21, but I dont drink inside the stadium at Bulls games..if you are over 21, go to Guest Services, show your id and get a designated driver wristband.  When you do that, they give you a free soda coupon.  I always do that for my first half drink and then pay for the second half drink.  Saves a few bucks.  Nobody knows about it, but its a great deal.  Just dont drink once you sign up to be a designated driver..lol. 

-Gurly

this was mentioned in a thread before the season...taking into consideration being 21 for it I missed 3 years worth of free sodas! It's a great deal for those of us that choose not to drink, whatever our reasons

and gotta say...I prefer Jack to Jim...though they're both the kind of men I'd never turn down ;)

Archived