• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keith Clanton schedules visit to USF

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

hmm.. those don't look like the 3 i saw.  I am very certain one was Ajayi.

Of the 3 I saw, they were all the same height.

Good to see that Dumars and Clanton were there, as well as leemow.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Rivalshoops.com is reporting that Givon Crump will visit USF this weekend. I had wrote that Crump was no longer considering the Bulls per an article written earlier in the week. I wonder if Rivals has talked to him this week about this or are they just going by an old schedule which had Crump visiting USF on Oct. 11. Well if he does visit there will be something about it Monday on the national recruiting sites. He's a good player with a sweet stroke from deep and can certainly help us in our building efforts.

512966.jpg

It's monday so it is time for a Basketball Recruiting update.

6-8 Keith Clanton of Orlando made his official visit to Central Florida over the weekend, his final of three official visits, and he will work this week on making his decision. "It was a good visit," Clanton said. "I liked the players and the coaches. They said I should fit in pretty well and I can help them be a winning program, and they fit my style of play." Clanton said he hopes to be down to his final school by the weekend and announce the choice next week. He does not have a favorite and he said all three official visits to USC, South Florida and Central Florida were about the same. "I'm going to make the decision based on which school I felt more comfortable around the coaches and players," Clanton said. He last talked to USC coach Darrin Horn last week right before his visit to UCF.

Also sources say that 6-7 sweet shooting SF Givon Crump had an excellent visit to USF this past weekend. From what I can gather the Bulls visit was his best trip so far. Let's hope he goes ahead and commits before he takes another official visit somewhere else.

Clanton info comes from Phil Kornblut who has been all over the Clanton recruitment. Hopefully someday soon we will have someone who does there job like him covering Bulls Basketball. Things would be so much easier to follow. :)

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the update Vega.  Is Crump 6' 7"?  I thought on one of the sites they had him listed at 6' 5".

Normal

Thanks for the update Vega.  Is Crump 6' 7"?  I thought on one of the sites they had him listed at 6' 5".

Normal

Crump looks at least 6-6 to me. On the other hand Isaiah Philmore looks very long and might be around 6-8. I had a video of both of these guys playing in the same game but it got lost and I can't remember where I last saw it. :-[

BTW Crump's shot is very pure and he releases it fast. He is scheduled to visit Rutgers tomarrow so we will know where he is going to go shortly. Fred Hill and company are really pushing to get him because while they have great talent they still have no one that can knock it down from deep. Sure would be nice to keep Crump away from Rutgers.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

No kidding.  I'm still feeling the daggers from that guy they had that is playing in sacramento now (quincy douby).  he couldn't miss from anywhere inside of 40 feet.  He single handedly beat us.

This from one of many S. Carolina basketball boards.

4 p.m. Monday Keith Clanton Update...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just spoke with PF of Orlando, Florida Keith Clanton (6'8 220).

He is going to sit down with his parents this week and discuss with them his decision. He will be eliminating one school over the weekend and committing to the school of his choice next week.

While Keith said that everybody at the moment was even, I asked him if anything made South Carolina stand out, he told me the fan base was crazy and bigger than both USF and UCF and than the arena was huge and much bigger than both of the other schools.

With that said, UCF is still located 15 minutes from his house and Stan Heath is the coach at USF and is one heck of a recruiter.

Still at the moment I like South Carolina's chances very much in this one and will continue to keep you updated.

William Gunter

If fan support is a factor then USF has less than a snowball's chance in HELL of getting Clanton. Also I must give credit to the writers over at S. Carolina as they are all over recruiting. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't know nearly as much about Bulls basketball recruiting. We'd be sitting around for G.A. to write something on basketball recruiting(before a prospect commits) which is rarer than finding a honest politician.

In collegiate sports recruiting is the backbone or the foundation of all programs. Success and failure during a season has a lot to do with how well that school recruits. In other words it is very much worth following.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Someone should tell him about loyalty points and playing in the Big East.

No Verdict Yet From Clanton

6-8 Keith Clanton of Orlando has not made any progress toward a decision. Clanton had hoped to narrow his list from three to two over the weekend, but he's still working with USC, South Florida and Central Florida. "I'm just not able to make a decision," Clanton said. "I've talked to all the coaches. I talked to coach Horn last week." Clanton said he hopes to have a decision next week >:(. He did not indicate a leader.

Written by Phil Kornblut

I do know about the rest of my fellow USF fans but I'm getting about tired of this process. I'm not really confident that we get Clanton at this point so him constantly putting back his decision is starting to piss me off. Teams need to know what this guy is going do so they can focus on someone else if he doesn't commit to them. Heath is really in a bind because he needs a post player in a very bad way. Since Keith has been his top target for most of the year he has no choice but to wait on him, for know at least.

Archived