• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keith Clanton schedules visit to USF

Mama_Bull

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

i would expect a recruit to act like this that is deciding between duke or north carolina, but its usf and ucf. make your friggin mind up already

Kid chose crappy UCF over crappy USF. 

There's an obvious difference between these attitudes (which if they are said here they are said amongst fans at games) and going to a game at UCF and seeing a good crowd and at one point having that crowd chant your name.

Look - we're in C-USA - which while it's a HUGE difference from what we had in the A-Sun, and it has Memphis and some other decent programs - it's no Big East.  If we can drink the kool-aid enough to actually care about our players, our coach and get excited about what they do - so can you in the Big East.  The trick might be to not assume it will make itself happen and get a little grass roots action going - not to mention the focus has to be your students.  It's still a football state and alumni of both schools won't be coming back for hoops in droves to fill up either of our large arenas. 

Those of you who are passionate about recruiting - which you probably are if you are on this forum - should keep this in mind next time you have a recruit visit and get your "rowdy bulls" or whatever your name is over there of the student section to get behind it.

Well I'm a recruiting man and what you just wrote had nothing to do with why Clanton chose ucf or USF, Miami, USC, Purdue,  etc... Notice I included those other schools also and the reason why is Clanton didn't want to play against the competition of the ACC, SEC, or Big East. Hey that's ok because not every player has the heart to battle for everything against fierce competition. At ucf Keith will be comfortable playing in an enviroment that no one outside of Orlando notices and there is very minimal pressure.

See I cut my teeth in the SEC where football reigns supreme 12 months a year. Places like Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss, Miss St, LSU have recruited great and competed at the highest level of basketball all while drawing similar crowds to USF most of the times. There are no chants of a basketball player's name at some of those places. If the kid isn't build like a lineman or some stud OB he almost appears invisible while on his recruiting trips. Yet they still bring in the talent because those young men want to except the challenge of playing in a big time league and help make basketball an option for fans in a football conference.

As I said Keith didn't want to play her because of competition not only in the league but on the team. Gus Gilchris will be our starting PF and while I think Keith is a good player, he wasn't starting here until that spot came open. Ofcourse we are always looking to bring in good players so who knows. One thing is for sure he'll play more at ucf immediately no doubt about that. He wants things given to him and he has every right to seek the easy road which he did. What pissed off me and other USF fans was him acting like he is Derrick Favors or Renaldo Sidney which he isn't.

AS for USF we wil find some talented warriors this coming spring that wants to be here and wants to help take our program to the next level. We will be fine and I'm sure ucf will be to now that they have their guy.

Vega, do us all a favor and tell us how you "know" that he chose ucf because he did not want to play against good competition.  What a load of crap, you go ahead and throw Gus Gilcrhis in there as a guage.  Please, Gilcrist is a cancer and will be here only one year, if he can even make that.  I would have taken Clanton over Gilchris anyday. 

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

GOOD, i'm glad he chose ucf. i don't want this loser anyway

Are you still in middle school?  ;D

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

i'm probably older than you douche bag

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

i would expect a recruit to act like this that is deciding between duke or north carolina, but its usf and ucf. make your friggin mind up already

Kid chose crappy UCF over crappy USF. 

There's an obvious difference between these attitudes (which if they are said here they are said amongst fans at games) and going to a game at UCF and seeing a good crowd and at one point having that crowd chant your name.

Look - we're in C-USA - which while it's a HUGE difference from what we had in the A-Sun, and it has Memphis and some other decent programs - it's no Big East.  If we can drink the kool-aid enough to actually care about our players, our coach and get excited about what they do - so can you in the Big East.  The trick might be to not assume it will make itself happen and get a little grass roots action going - not to mention the focus has to be your students.  It's still a football state and alumni of both schools won't be coming back for hoops in droves to fill up either of our large arenas. 

Those of you who are passionate about recruiting - which you probably are if you are on this forum - should keep this in mind next time you have a recruit visit and get your "rowdy bulls" or whatever your name is over there of the student section to get behind it.

Well I'm a recruiting man and what you just wrote had nothing to do with why Clanton chose ucf or USF, Miami, USC, Purdue,  etc... Notice I included those other schools also and the reason why is Clanton didn't want to play against the competition of the ACC, SEC, or Big East. Hey that's ok because not every player has the heart to battle for everything against fierce competition. At ucf Keith will be comfortable playing in an enviroment that no one outside of Orlando notices and there is very minimal pressure.

See I cut my teeth in the SEC where football reigns supreme 12 months a year. Places like Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss, Miss St, LSU have recruited great and competed at the highest level of basketball all while drawing similar crowds to USF most of the times. There are no chants of a basketball player's name at some of those places. If the kid isn't build like a lineman or some stud OB he almost appears invisible while on his recruiting trips. Yet they still bring in the talent because those young men want to except the challenge of playing in a big time league and help make basketball an option for fans in a football conference.

As I said Keith didn't want to play her because of competition not only in the league but on the team. Gus Gilchris will be our starting PF and while I think Keith is a good player, he wasn't starting here until that spot came open. Ofcourse we are always looking to bring in good players so who knows. One thing is for sure he'll play more at ucf immediately no doubt about that. He wants things given to him and he has every right to seek the easy road which he did. What pissed off me and other USF fans was him acting like he is Derrick Favors or Renaldo Sidney which he isn't.

AS for USF we wil find some talented warriors this coming spring that wants to be here and wants to help take our program to the next level. We will be fine and I'm sure ucf will be to now that they have their guy.

Vega, do us all a favor and tell us how you "know" that he chose ucf because he did not want to play against good competition.  What a load of crap, you go ahead and throw Gus Gilcrhis in there as a guage.  Please, Gilcrist is a cancer and will be here only one year, if he can even make that.   I would have taken Clanton over Gilchris anyday. 

do us all a favor and tell me what you ever coached, old coach. what  a load of crap. you should take basketball 101 before making an basketball recruiting comments

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

i'm probably older than you ****** b*g

you've sure done a great job of proving that ::) 

older in age doesn't make someone brighter, just older.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

i'm probably older than you ****** b*g

you've sure done a great job of proving that ::) 

older in age doesn't make someone brighter, just older.

and possibly senile

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

i'm probably older than you douche bag

Wow, douche bag? You sure got me on that one.  :D You sure you're not one of our young future Bulls in elementary school?

Archived