• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF fans should be ashamed of their team....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Cyber,

What's more ridiculous is the rule is once that ball cross the line of scrimmage USF can't advance it.  In college it is a dead ball.  The only way it would have been meaningful is if a UCF player picked it up.  To make even more unbelievable the whistle had already blown 15 seconds before so there was no earthly reason Timmons had to hit Gregory.  That was just plain dirty.

Like I said earlier we've lost the services of possibly two players for KU because of dirty play by UCF.  Real sad, UCF fans should be disgusted in the actions of their students and players on Saturday. 

Cyb, got to see that vid too! ;)

It might not be until after the KU game....you know.....real world responsibilities....but the few snips I've taken are pretty obvious. If I don't have enough time I might just post the still frames instead...

I just kind of wnat to see the evidence.

Let me help you out.  UCF was flagged for 12 penalties in the game...one was the Timmon's episode, two were Weams late hits, one was Weaver's false start in OT, another was Allen actually punching our player(who also got punched by said victim), the next was Bruce Miller's blatant hands to the face, another was the block in the back on the INT return, and yet another was the block in the back on Selvie, another was the pass interference play(actually, the tv guys said this was a bad call).  Those were 9 the tv viewers, and announcers saw and were blatant.  The Ross call was picked up because the ball was uncatchable.

Corrected for inaccuracies.

As for Weams' 2nd penalty, I have no idea what he was thinking.  He just bumped into the guy even though he could have stopped.  I've never seen GOL that pissed at a player during a game.  The first penalty would have been legal if he was just a fraction of a second later.  That was bad timing.  The guy needs a lot of work on how to play special teams defense.  I never saw Miller's penalty, but I'll take the ref's word for it.  The two block in the back calls were good calls.

• Content Count:  476

I watched the replay and wonder how the announcers up in the both "had it all wrong when they called out the Big East refs" ??? ::)

• Content Count:  4,016

Cyber,

What's more ridiculous is the rule is once that ball cross the line of scrimmage USF can't advance it.  In college it is a dead ball.  The only way it would have been meaningful is if a UCF player picked it up.  To make even more unbelievable the whistle had already blown 15 seconds before so there was no earthly reason Timmons had to hit Gregory.  That was just plain dirty.

Like I said earlier we've lost the services of possibly two players for KU because of dirty play by UCF.  Real sad, UCF fans should be disgusted in the actions of their students and players on Saturday. 

Cyb, got to see that vid too! ;)

It might not be until after the KU game....you know.....real world responsibilities....but the few snips I've taken are pretty obvious. If I don't have enough time I might just post the still frames instead...

I just kind of wnat to see the evidence.

Let me help you out.  UCF was flagged for 12 penalties in the game...one was the Timmon's episode, two were Weams late hits, one was Weaver's false start in OT, another was Allen actually punching our player(who also got punched by said victim), the next was Bruce Miller's blatant hands to the face, another was the block in the back on the INT return, and yet another was the block in the back on Selvie, another was the pass interference play(actually, the tv guys said this was a bad call).  Those were 9 the tv viewers, and announcers saw and were blatant.  The Ross call was picked up because the ball was uncatchable.

Corrected for inaccuracies.

As for Weams' 2nd penalty, I have no idea what he was thinking.  He just bumped into the guy even though he could have stopped.  I've never seen GOL that pissed at a player during a game.  The first penalty would have been legal if he was just a fraction of a second later.  That was bad timing.  The guy needs a lot of work on how to play special teams defense.  I never saw Miller's penalty, but I'll take the ref's word for it.  The two block in the back calls were good calls.

Thanks for the corrections DP. ::)  However, the pivotal point was if you analyze UCF's 12 penalties there really wasn't any that were blatantly wrong!  I mean the pass interference against our receiver was iffy, but we got a snap shot and the claim was the player was having lots of contact as he was running and impeded his route.  Some could say it was uncatchable, but had the UCF player not held him earlier he might have been more open...doesn't matter because committed a stupid penalty too on that drive which off-set it.  That aside there really wasn't a call UCF had that can be questioned.  I mean Rod Gilmore was trying to stir up trouble on the Timmons hit, but even his booth announcer told him to 'come on'.  You don't hit a guy like that, into the ref no less, after the whistle.  The whistle blew, dead ball...duh!  that was stupidity.  Hell there was a late hit, cheap shot on our corner Jerome Murphy that the camera captured which wasn't called.  Oh well tough game I guess.

Also for the whiners, USF was flagged 7 times too, some in very pivotal situations, 1-2 that negated 1st downs like the flimsy-ass block in the back when Grothe ran 9 yards to gain a 1st down on 3rd and 6.  Our guy breathed on his back I guess. ;D  We had personal foul penalties against us too, hands to the face mask, late hit.  We were not immune.  Also, as far as Emery Allen's punch.  His problem is if you watch that play Taurus Johnson wasn't even looking at him, or engaged with him at the time and he just took a full scale punch under his face mask.  After the play was dead no less so the refs saw it immediately.  TJ popped him in the face mask again, but Allen's was so blatant, and so unprovoked (I am sure it was due to a hard hit and jawing, but when I mean unprovoked I am talking from a refs angle where TJ wasn't grabbing him or pounding him) that the refs really couldn't fault TJ and broke it up immediately at which time Marcus Edwards stepped in and stopped it.

Oh, and go back and watch the replay too.  Weam's late hit was on a fair catch, that first one that is.  So he wasn't a fraction of a second to early, he shouldn't have touched him AT ALL!  Even the announcers said there was no excuse for that hit and the refs had every right to eject him in that situation.  So what does he do....well he goes and does it again, and this time he violently pops the guy in the head!  O'Leary should have tore into him.  That was just plain stupid, and so blatantly how on earth did he expect to get away with it.

In the end, the only thing that O'Leary complained to the refs about, and 'turned them in on' was the final spot.  Which I've watched a thousand times on replay, and even the announcers agreed that the refs did a great job of getting it right.  If you want to see a ref, screwing you, then watch our KU game and the spot Reesing got on that 14 yard scramble in the 1st quarter.  He was about 2-3 yards short of the 1st down marker, and they gave it to him! ::)

Archived