• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats on a great win from a Duck!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

This is the first time I have felt good about anything "Oregon" in 9 months... 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

What happened to the rest of the thread?  I had some nice comments for Quack10.

Don't know...Were they UCiF related?  :)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I hate the fact people rag on us for losing so badly agaisnt Oregon.  The whole third string QB thing.  Sun Bowl is a sore memory for me.

I have two thoughts on this.

One, the QB was injured, but the rest of the team that got them ranked in the top 25 was still there.  

Second, their backup QB didn't suck.  Picked apart our D pretty well.

Our third string QB is great and I think Daniels would fill in nicely if anything ever happened to Grothe..

• Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

I hate the fact people rag on us for losing so badly agaisnt Oregon.  The whole third string QB thing.  Sun Bowl is a sore memory for me.

One, the QB was injured, but the rest of the team that got them ranked in the top 25 was still there.  

Our third string QB is great and I think Daniels would fill in nicely if anything ever happened to Grothe..

I didn't stop in to gloat, or to even bring up the Sun Bowl, but I think it was three primary factors:

1) It was virgin territory for the Bulls. I think there's some truth to the idea that teams not experienced in big bowl games (and yes, the Sun Bowl is a BIG game) often are overwhelmed by the experience early-on. When Oregon played the '95 Rose Bowl and again in the '96 Cotton Bowl, they looked lost and awe-struck, and they got pasted.

2) Jonathan Stewart was ridiculous. That was the second-most dominant performance of his career at Oregon, and a player like that can really beat down a defense mentally.

3) The Ducks' DBs were really finding their rhythm. Oregon might have the best secondary in the country this year, and it really came into its own at the Sun Bowl.

BTW, I'd trade Roper and Masoli for Grothe in a millisecond. I love that guy. Do you think he'll stay for his senior year? If so, you've got a great future both this year and next.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I dont see Grothe having a serious future in the nfl, so Im pretty sure he'll be around for his senior year

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I didn't stop in to gloat, or to even bring up the Sun Bowl, but I think it was three primary factors:

1) It was virgin territory for the Bulls. I think there's some truth to the idea that teams not experienced in big bowl games (and yes, the Sun Bowl is a BIG game) often are overwhelmed by the experience early-on. When Oregon played the '95 Rose Bowl and again in the '96 Cotton Bowl, they looked lost and awe-struck, and they got pasted.

2) Jonathan Stewart was ridiculous. That was the second-most dominant performance of his career at Oregon, and a player like that can really beat down a defense mentally.

3) The Ducks' DBs were really finding their rhythm. Oregon might have the best secondary in the country this year, and it really came into its own at the Sun Bowl.

BTW, I'd trade Roper and Masoli for Grothe in a millisecond. I love that guy. Do you think he'll stay for his senior year? If so, you've got a great future both this year and next.

Quack,

My post wasn't aimed at you.  Mostly BE teams and UCF fans who beat on us continually on our message boards after we got shellacked (sp?).  We were easily handled.

Archived