• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats on a great win from a Duck!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

That was one heckuva ball game, Bulls. Other than Washington's ridiculous finish against BYU, it was easily the most compelling game of the day.

I have to admit, I wasn't thrilled about yet another Florida school joining the BCS conferences, but after reading this board (and posting a few times) prior to the '07 Sun Bowl, USF has very quickly become my favorite Big East team (maybe your colors have something to do with it, too). Here's hoping y'all win it this year.

Just one question: Was it strictly my imagination and mild USF bias, or was UCF very dirty in that game? Clearly there isn't any love lost between the two schools, but I thought the Knights instigated most if not all of the cheap shots I saw.

Anyway, best of luck to you. I'm sure our teams won't be meeting again anytime soon, but I'll still be following your season, and lurking here occasionally.

Go Ducks!

• Content Count:  2,461

I hate to fuel the UCiF talk, as I want to forget all about them...  But you aren't alone. They were very dirty and had a crazy number of personal fouls.

It isn't just the USF bias (appreciate you rooting for our team). I was watching it with some Illinois fans and they were going crazy about it. Hey, what do you expect from a bunch who made death threats against our QB's father?

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

UCF playing a dirty game? Never! They actually think the calls were all one-sided. Oh well, a win is a win. Thanks for stopping by!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Great screen name and thanks for your support!  You are correct about UCF playing a bit dirty and most of that was due to the fact that if they want to admit it or not they get up for us far more than any other game on their schedule.  Their jealousy of our fast rise to a very competitive BCS team and passing right by them (even though they have had football for over twice as many years as us) manifests itself in the form of extreme hatred.  Their players were playing with tons of emotion but did not know how to control it.  

Great luck to the ducks and i wish your program nothing but success.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Thanx and look forward to a rematch ... with Oregon.

• Content Count:  765

Thanks, it is great to have you join us.   UCF was under a lot of pressure to win since this is the last meeting for a while combined with three prior losses and they were feeling the heat.   With the wild home crowd some of them let their emotions get the best of them.   It is too bad for them since in such a close game the penalties may have been the difference.   The place was really rocking.  We were lucky to come out with a win.    

The Sun Bowl was a good time with lots of classy fans, but we didn't give you much of a game.  Hopefully, if we meet again it will be more of a contest.

• Content Count:  148

That was one heckuva ball game, Bulls. Other than Washington's ridiculous finish against BYU, it was easily the most compelling game of the day.

I have to admit, I wasn't thrilled about yet another Florida school joining the BCS conferences, but after reading this board (and posting a few times) prior to the '07 Sun Bowl, USF has very quickly become my favorite Big East team (maybe your colors have something to do with it, too). Here's hoping y'all win it this year.

Just one question: Was it strictly my imagination and mild USF bias, or was UCF very dirty in that game? Clearly there isn't any love lost between the two schools, but I thought the Knights instigated most if not all of the cheap shots I saw.

Anyway, best of luck to you. I'm sure our teams won't be meeting again anytime soon, but I'll still be following your season, and lurking here occasionally.

Go Ducks!

UCF took a lot of shots, it felt like watching the Rutgers game last year, only UCF seemed worse?!?!  Yes worse than a Greg Shiano coached team.  Okay so you take away the TWO fair catch punt interference calls and you have 3 blatant personal fouls: a punch to the helmet, knocking down a guy who just picked up a blocked feild goal for no reason after the play is wayyyy dead & one of the latest hits I think I've ever seen. 

When you block a feild goal that should be a happy time, I don't think I've ever seen the a player from the blocking team commit a personal foul like that.  Maybe the new unsportmanship penalty or taunting, but that's like psycho anger.  I didn't get that. 

We also have a punt returner who is questionable for Friday's game v. KU due to bruised ribs he suffered as a result a hit he sustained while waiving for the fair catch.  Is that fustrating or what?

• Content Count:  26

How is Roper doing so far?

Roper is playing well so far. He got a mild concussion against Washington in game one, but he was sharp in limited action against Utah State last week. True freshman Chris Harper is clearly the future at QB, but he's pretty much a Tebow/Locker-style running back at this point. Since Nate Costa (the projected starter in camp) is lost for the year (for the second straight year!) the team is Roper's, and the kid from Buford, GA is doing okay. Oregon is on ABC this weekend against Purdue, but it's probably not on in your region anyway.

Looking forward to the KU game: Go Bulls!

Archived