• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the St. Pete Times really USF's newspaper???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Has anyone seen the Times and the Tribune front sports page articles for Sunday?  The Times has a 3/4 page spread with big color pics on the Gators and we get maybe a 1/4 page at the bottom with just one pic for the Bulls.  Yet the Tribune gives us about 3/4 front page coverage and the Gators 1/4 page.

I don't know about anyone else.  But until the St. Pete Times starts giving us at least equal, but perferably better coverage than the Gators, or any other team for that matter, I am not going to buy anymore of their papers.  I am throwing my full support to the Tribune.  I will be writing the Times and I hope everyone else in the Pen will do the same and tell them how disappointed we are at their coverage of the Bulls.  I will also be looking for and emailing USF administrators to let them know as well.  I'm also going to write and thank the Tribune.

As always,  GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,511

The St Pete Times was the "official paper of USF" for several years, but the Tampa Tribune has that distinction this year.

• Content Count:  3,574

Technically, the Tribune is the official newspaper of USF.  The Times held that title last year.

Other than getting the official paper part wrong, I like what Z-bull is saying... send your emails to sports@sptimes.com to offer your thoughts on their coverage...

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Other than getting the official paper part wrong, I like what Z-bull is saying... send your emails to sports@sptimes.com to offer your thoughts on their coverage...

And, as a reminder, Greg Auman has nothing to do with where articles are positioned in the paper, so no one use his name in vain when writing to the editor.  In fact, it would be nice to start your email with a complement on his writings BEFORE the vitrol starts flowing from your fingers about article position and how our article was a full inch shorter than the one about UF/FSU/Miami.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I'm dissapointed with the coverage in both papers. They both put the gators first. When is the local media going to recognize that USF is the home town team?

• Content Count:  1,911

To clearify, we got about the bottom 1/6th of the front page and 1 page on the inside with the gators/header up top getting the rest...and the gators got the entire back page and just under a 1/4 page on the inside.

Needless to say I'm a bit disappointed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,674
  • Days Won:  29

And be sure to send your appreciation to The Tribune. Our voices help dictate.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

come on guys

the gators deserve top coverage

when bulls are better than gators bulls will be top dog in paper

• Content Count:  1,212

I was annoyed at the big discrepancy in the Time's coverage too.  Perhaps it's because the Gators beat a 1A team.  Not much news in beating up on a lower tier team.  We will see if the coverage evens out...

Archived