• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brett has us going 9-3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

with 2 BE loses and going to the St Petersburg Bowl

WTF

the three loses are Cinny, WVU, and Kansas (or we blow a game we should win)

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

soild prediction

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I don't want a cheerleader, I want a reporter. I have no problem with Brett's stories.

I too, think this team can do whatever it wants. I mean the whole enchilada. However, they need to finish better than 4-3 in conference first, something they haven't done yet. 9-3 (5-2) works for me. One more step forward.

so true

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see anything wrong with Brett's prediction at all.  The homer in me wants to think we go 11-1, but the realist in me says we go 9-3, maybe even 8-4 as the ball doesn't bounce our way this year in the Kansas, WVU, Cincy and Pitt games.  Yes that would suck, but it's definitely possible if we come out flat in those games as every one of those teams has the talent to beat someone on an "off" day. 

• Content Count:  4,016

After watching the UConn game they have alot of work to do but then again I said the same about us last year after the Elon game.

This makes zero sense to me.  UConn won by 32 points and lead 28-0 at halftime.  How does that game resemble the Elon game?  To me, it doesn't, in  any way or fashion.

T. Lorenzen 14/25 184 7.4 0 3

3 Interceptions, 2 fumbles. 5 total turnovers. It appears that Hofstra had absoultely ZERO ground game, or UCONN might have been in a little more trouble in this one.

I watched the game.  Uconn looked just like the Uconn team I knew they would have this year wih the obvious surprise being all the bad decisions by Lorenzen who didn't make many last year.  Uconn is big, and solid along the lines but they lack explosiveness at the receiver position, particularly with Jeffers transfer and the other guy getting injured.  They've got two very good RB's, only Brown played last night, but both are not homerun threats, even last night Brown showed some nifty moves to free up and get 6-12 yards on some carries, but is missing that gear to be a real breakaway threat--Andre Dixon kinda has that.  Lorenzen does not havea rifle arm, and is only ok at being elusive.

Overall the Uconn team displayed last night was what i expected.  Not explosive but well coached and disciplined.  They lack any real homerun threats, but have solid players at every position.  A very beatable team at home...I don't get what happens to our team when we play at Rentschler Field, that field has bad mojo for us.  We're better than Uconn.  Although that LB they have Lutrus is a real stud athlete, a real difference maker. You can see the first class instincts, and he's the only real true blue standout (remember he's the guy that returned the Grothe INT for a TD against us).

• Content Count:  4,016

9-3 is well within the realm of possibility imo, but at the same time the sky is the limit with this team.

yep.  i think in the back of everyone's mind we would be happy with 9-3 and a win the bowl game but we also know that this team CAN go 12-0 and win the title.

but there is also about 30 other teams that could do that.

thats why college football is so great.

We do that and finish 10-3 (9-3 Regular Season and 5-2 conference)....I wouldn't feel bad at all.  But they CAN go 12-0/13-0...although for a team to get more than 10 wins in a 13 game season people need to remember it takes a little luck, some great fortune, and everyone staying focused and injury free- particularly for a team like us who's not particularly deep or big at all positions.  I dream of 13-0 but Brett's prediction, after the season concludes wouldn't disappointment me either.

Archived