• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Her name will be Hanna, and she could screw our ucf plans

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

You're not even spelling its name right. No "H" at the end. And the NHC admits the Day 4 and Day 5 forecasts are basically a give-up because they don't know what's going to happen.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not even spelling its name right. No "H" at the end. And the NHC admits the Day 4 and Day 5 forecasts are basically a give-up because they don't know what's going to happen.

All they say is day 4 and 5 have error margins of +/- 250 and 300 miles respectively... There is a High pressure ridge over the Atlantic (between the Bahamas and South Carolina) that is helping protect Florida from Gustav -- steering it into Louisiana... that same ridge, remember Highs in the northern hemisphere spin clockwise, will turn Hanna to the West... so it will turn across the Bahamas and into Florida at some point.

• Content Count:  3,407

Sorry for not spelling the name right!  I am not saying that hanna will hit us for sure.  On this board we speculate about what could happen or could not happen.  That way we speculate what changes in our plans we may have to make! 

Bullfreak-  I have met your daughter and she is indeed the nicest hanna(h) I have ever met... Plus her folks are the best!

• Content Count:  3,307

All they say is day 4 and 5 have error margins of +/- 250 and 300 miles respectively...

Whenever they have a forecast where the storm isn't moving much in the long term... that's normally their sign that they don't know what's going to happen. Then instead of taking a completely wrong guess, they predict the storm will basically sit there so they minimize their error.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

That's pretty much what I do....Just sit here to minimize error.  :D ;D

Normal

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It will turn north hit the carolinas or just turn out to sea. It alays happens when they come in from that position.

It will turn north hit the carolinas or just turn out to sea. It awlays happens when they come in from that position.

Well... it happens... but not always...

Hurricane David...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:David_1979_track.png

Hurricane Jeanne

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Jeanne_2004_track.png

Hurricane Andrew...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Andrew_1992_track.png

Hurricane Katrina

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Katrina_2005_track.png

• Content Count:  9,038

She's ALMOST 18....

hannah-montana.jpg

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Dude, she really isn't, lol.  She just turned 16.

And Jim, those are some pretty bad hurricanes that "didn't turn and hit the Carolina's".  I looked at the map and thought that's what would happen too.  I'm hoping that's what happens!!

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Is 16 legit in Florida? I think Debra LaFave ensured that 15 is definitely not legit.

Archived