• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another OL commit!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I admire the ability of our staff to spot talent as much as anyone.  However, accepting commitments from out-of-state undersized offensive linemen with no BCS offers in August would have me scratching my head.  I am sure there's some turns to go in this story.  I have almost no qualms about the staff and in-state kids, however how is this kid better than Jake Sims, Joe Harzhauer or Chaz Hine (all who came in as walk-ons and are in comparison huge linemen) or Mike McGowan (a greyshirt who received a scholarship when others failed to qualify in 2006)?  Also, Rivals expanded their Georgia list to the top-100 in Georgia and this kid is not on it.  This despite that several 2-stars, including commit Tyrone Williams are on that list.  In comparison, the state of Florida has 3-stars or better for 120 or so players.

Doesn't add up.  However, if he is a Bull then I root for him like I do all the kids.\

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Definitley a TE in college

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I admire the ability of our staff to spot talent as much as anyone.  However, accepting commitments from out-of-state undersized offensive linemen with no BCS offers in August would have me scratching my head.  I am sure there's some turns to go in this story.  I have almost no qualms about the staff and in-state kids, however how is this kid better than Jake Sims, Joe Harzhauer or Chaz Hine (all who came in as walk-ons and are in comparison huge linemen) or Mike McGowan (a greyshirt who received a scholarship when others failed to qualify in 2006)?  Also, Rivals expanded their Georgia list to the top-100 in Georgia and this kid is not on it.  This despite that several 2-stars, including commit Tyrone Williams are on that list.  In comparison, the state of Florida has 3-stars or better for 120 or so players.

Doesn't add up.  However, if he is a Bull then I root for him like I do all the kids.\

Goergia is probably the 4th largest recruiting state this year.  They have some good athletes.  I'm sure the kid will be fine.  They may be taking him on as a TE, but we'll see what becomes of him.  It seems like we have about 25 DE's now.  The team sure loves converting everyone to DE.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

lol, I havent heard of us doing that yet! glad to hear we have standards

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Definitley a TE in college

I bet he starts as an OL then to  TE then moved to DE then to DT finishing his career here around 280-290

Archived