• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF TAILGATING-INFO

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

The parking/tailgating situation (plus the fact I'm afraid that stadium will fall down) are reasons we aren't making the trip this time.  Spoke with a decent UCiF fan (I guess there has to be 1 in every bunch) at the game here last year.  He said the parking situation was horrible. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

So from what i get so far, our best bet is to park or i should say our only option is to park in a red or blue zone and tailgate at the softball field??? Judging by this map thats a hell of a walk, especially if we have to set up our stuff, park, then bring everything back prior to going into the game. Does anyone have some good details and the best way of doing this?

You could drive right up to where you want to tailgate and drop your stuff off then park....that's what I usually I do when I tailgate at Memory Mall or wherever. Another good place to tailgate that is more chill and I've seen a decent amount of visiting fans is at Lake Claire and I think it's still first come, first serve parking in the little dirt lot there ...you have the lake w/ some trees for shade and the walk is not bad to the stadium. Another calmer area is by building 14(free parking nearby entering on Centaurus Drive West at the garage H & lot h3) and you could set up in the grassy area by Building number 14 on the map. The walk is not bad if you are cutting through the campus since it's circular, don't just follow the roads to walk around.

athletics-parking-map.jpg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I've heard not only parking but that getting into and out of there is horrible...think Foxborough with one road in, one road out

Am hoping the people I'm going with may want to just get a hotel up in the orlando area for the night. I'd be willing to do that vs making the hour+ drive home at midnight after all day in FL heat...then again that may just be me

so its red zone or blue zone?  how quickly do these lots fill up?

I think if you wait for less than 3 hours before kickoff the red and blue lots starts filling up but before hand you should be fine. I think they have extra lots by Greek Park they use once all other areas are filled up if you arrive just before kickoff.

• Content Count:  56

Why dont we all try and pick an uffocial area and start our own USF tailgating zone. I wouldnt doing that , that way i know for sure I will be with more usf fans.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

So from what i get so far, our best bet is to park or i should say our only option is to park in a red or blue zone and tailgate at the softball field??? Judging by this map thats a hell of a walk, especially if we have to set up our stuff, park, then bring everything back prior to going into the game. Does anyone have some good details and the best way of doing this?

Isn't all this making you guys appreciate our situation at Raymond James more and more. We are soooo fortunate!

No chit ..... All this stuff about having to go to where you want to tailgate, drop your stuff off and THEN go park?? That's got to be traffic nightmare ......That's not tailgating, that's picnicking.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Isn't all this making you guys appreciate our situation at Raymond James more and more. We are soooo fortunate!

No chit ..... All this stuff about having to go to where you want to tailgate, drop your stuff off and THEN go park?? That's got to be traffic nightmare ......That's not tailgating, that's picnicking.

and then dirve (drunk or buzzed) to go pick up your tailgate gear before walking up to the game?

813 - how far and/or long is the walk from red/blue to the stadium?  is there any kind of shuttle system on campus for game days?

• Content Count:  65

1.  It's very easy to get off of campus after games.  It never took me more than 15 minutes to get out of the campus after a game last year.  The traffic flow is really well planned and organized.

2.  If you can't park right next to the stadium at RJS do you take your stuff up to the gate and plop down a tailgate?  No, ofcourse not.  The people who drag there stuff to memory mall for the most part are parking adjacent to the mall.  There is plenty of good space to tailgate next to all of the red and blue parking, in fact you can usually back up to good tailgating spots in the red and blue surface lots if you get there early enough. 

3.  You arent going to die walking to the stadium.  Connect the dots as you walk through campus, first head towards the Student Union and then just follow the crowd to the stadium.  It's not that hard.

and then dirve (drunk or buzzed) to go pick up your tailgate gear before walking up to the game?

813 - how far and/or long is the walk from red/blue to the stadium?  is there any kind of shuttle system on campus for game days?

It's not bad and that's why they invented rolling coolers and ez up tents. My group usually drops our stuff at a drop off right by Memory Mall then park at Garage H which is a free lot....if you look at the map it seems like it's not that close to the stadium but it's a very easy walk...remember the campus is a CIRCLE so just cut through the middle of campus through the Student union, through the mall, and you're at the stadium, walking from one side of campus to another is very easy b/c of the way the Campus is designed. The walk from Memory Mall to Garage H or the surface lots next to it(h1-h4) is 5-10 minute walk tops so usually people start putting up their stuff 30 minutes before kickoff at least at the mall, even less if you are set up in the grass areas on campus by those lots.

If any USF fans want to tailgate like they do at Ray Jay by your cars then park in the surface lots H1-H4, everyone that tailgates there is on the paved surface lots w/ their tailgate setup by their car or try Lake Claire's lot if you get to campus early enough.

There is a black/gold line shuttle that circles campus but I don't know how the schedule runs. Enjoy, should be a fun time.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2

Guys, let's all just go to Memory mall and do it big. If we get enough people there, we wont get messed with. Or just find out where the Beef Studs are tailgating and make that the unofficial rendezvous spot. If not, Lake Claire looks like a solid spot

Archived