• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Time do tailgate lots open??

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

yes, it is worth it

I've never been kicked out of the mall lot for being there too early.

I second this. We've gotten to the old mall lot as early as 8am for a 7pm kickoff and have never had any problems getting in or being told that we can't be there.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,890

I'm sure that if USF paid for it the TSA would open the lots sooner

• Content Count:  1,991

Of course they would, but if the demand from USF Athletics clients is not there then it does not pay for them to do so, another alternative could be to open some lots earlier and charge more for a parking pass for those lots, but again I do not how much more you could really charge and how much athletics would still have to pay out.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

yea I was wondering the same thing, if there is even anyone to stop you from getting in to the mall lot... it may be hit or miss. What is dogwater btw????

We definitely were denied for one of the games last year and had to go to Dogwater until 2pm or whatever time it was they opened up the lot.  There was a dude in a golf cart running around the lot. 

Dogwater is a sports bar over in the plaza on the corner of Himes and Hillsborough.

• Content Count:  295

this is just one other reason why i love belonging to the BullBackers..the parking is great and the tailgating is super..no problem throwing a football or playing horse shoes and playing beer pong..plus many of the other features they offer...for all ages.

• Content Count:  7,890

Of course they would, but if the demand from USF Athletics clients is not there then it does not pay for them to do so, another alternative could be to open some lots earlier and charge more for a parking pass for those lots, but again I do not how much more you could really charge and how much athletics would still have to pay out.

What I ment was for people to call USF not the TSA. USF has more pull than a group of fans.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I <3 Dogwater.  I go there for lunch from time to time.

There's nothing better than a Chicken Philly served from a blue plastic dog bowl.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

It seems to me that the trend (at least in the NFL) is to actually reduce the time to tailgate. I can't remmebr exaclty how long it was but I have been to other college games, and the "booster pre-paid" lots had a definate amount  time before the game that they opened. It isn't like we are the only school in the country that limits the time to taiilagate in "official" lots. Even with an OCS the booster lots have a limited amount of time.

• Content Count:  203

The problem with the mall lot this year is that there have been YELLOW Gates installed to lock the lot, from both MLK Blvd. as well as Himes Avenue.  You can still make the left turn into the lot from Himes but when you attempt to make the left into the old mall lot there are the yellow steel bars gates up.  HartLine buses make the right to head to the terminal in the lot.  Good Luck to all on the 30th.  I will be out there early too trying to get in somehow.

• Content Count:  56

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  that could be a small problem.

Archived