• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

yawn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Relax folks and try looking in the mirror and wonder why you don't make enough at your chosen career to be Iron Bull Donors. I know I'm upset at myself for not being able to do it - YET! But I don't bash others that can't be better donors to USF. You are doing the best you can ... and so is each one of our players.

I doubt any Iron bull donors are on this message board...  And I know we all wish we had that kind of funding.   But the point I was making is that I believe that many of the critics on this board ARE NOT doing anything constructive to make it better.  Our program has needs, and many of those can be met by funding assistance.  I added basketball tix to my portfolio last year, and more than doubled my annual contribution.  This at a time when my bonus is subject to being diminished by 50% this year due to the economy.  I care that much about the Bulls...

My point was that Smazza was getting under my skin.  And I doubt he puts in as much as others on this board who I see regularly in attendance at various events.....    I was merely trying to illustrate that to be that negative, you better be here and have your butt in the seats at games....  If not, shut up.

were you the guy in el paso throwing up on himself at half time?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL this is funny. MikeG, you need to drop your man crush. First of all, you brought up Amarri in your first post. I am just as much as fan as you, and I watched every game last year and saw everybody play, so please dont PRETEND to act like I am lil miss daisy not watching the games. Thats great that a Wide Receiver (somebody who catches balls) made a great block. That is great. However, if thats all he can do, switch positions. Has anybody thought of using Ben as a FB? They are generally good blockers  :o.

Second, we dont have whipping boys every year, we call out a player who hasnt performed up to par. Nobody should, or has ripped a player unfairly in my opinion.

God, go smoke a peace pipe

::) ::)

great point

If Alvarado focused more on his kicking rather than his rap career, he would be a good kicker. We can talk about who we want and who we think sucks on the team, this is America folks. For those of you crying about how people bash Alvardo or any other player, quit crying, people can say what they want. Alvardo is Leavitts favorite little boy, so he plays. If it was any other coach and team, his ass would be on the bench. I dont care if he made 10 out of 11 or whatever it was, he was very inconsistent, and he was the laughing stock of our team. Quit defending him, HE IS NOT GOOD.

so true

as our fan base grows so will the number of knowledgeable fans

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Relax folks and try looking in the mirror and wonder why you don't make enough at your chosen career to be Iron Bull Donors. I know I'm upset at myself for not being able to do it - YET! But I don't bash others that can't be better donors to USF. You are doing the best you can ... and so is each one of our players.

I doubt any Iron bull donors are on this message board...  And I know we all wish we had that kind of funding.   But the point I was making is that I believe that many of the critics on this board ARE NOT doing anything constructive to make it better.  Our program has needs, and many of those can be met by funding assistance.  I added basketball tix to my portfolio last year, and more than doubled my annual contribution.  This at a time when my bonus is subject to being diminished by 50% this year due to the economy.  I care that much about the Bulls...

My point was that Smazza was getting under my skin.  And I doubt he puts in as much as others on this board who I see regularly in attendance at various events.....    I was merely trying to illustrate that to be that negative, you better be here and have your butt in the seats at games....  If not, shut up.

were you the guy in el paso throwing up on himself at half time?

no, and to think I had thought that was you.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

There are different type of fans ... I am the type that feels part of the "family" ... critizism is fine, but "bashing" and finding a "whipping boy" to me is wrong.

It's the fan I am. I LOVE these boys !

And those making the STUPID comments about not treating these players like pee-wee, etc. - They obviously NEVER attended a USF practice. USF puts the best men on the field to WIN !

Go BULLS !!!

leavitt plays favorites and doesnt and hasnt put his best players on the field

how many college football games have you coached?  what are your credentials to determine who is the best player?  how many snaps did you take on your college football team (let me answer that  - none).   bottom line you are an arm chair qb and know very little about the sport.  Being on the west coast, I suspect you saw very few if any USF games last year being that only half were televised.  You sir, are a fraud of a USF fan.

marquel blackwell should have started san diego state game

pat jewelmiste should not have started as many games as he did

ford shouldnt be 3rd string

i can go on and on

i had 2 satelite dish's last year and as i recall saw more than half the games so i probably saw as many games or more than you

i know the game and i know talent when i see it

doubt you saw more games then me considering many games were not televised, and I was at every home game.  Being a season ticket holder since the first game, I have missed very few games.  I now have 8 tix and my brotehr has the 8 in front of me.  We always bring a large contingent with us.  And I went to bowl games.....  So again, very doubtful you have seen more games then me last season or in any season.  I could stop going for a couple of years and you could try to catch up, but even then that would be doubtful...

so if we are like 3-4, delbert is like 3-14 on field goals, and grothe has thrown like 3 td's and 10 interceptions, we should all act like everything is happy go lucky? give me a break. welcome to real college football. this isnt conference usa anymore

guys like mikeg,et ,sbien cant criticize program for fear they would be blacklisted and shunned

"if you dont stand for something you fall for anything"

they are puppets no more no less

There are different type of fans ... I am the type that feels part of the "family" ... critizism is fine, but "bashing" and finding a "whipping boy" to me is wrong.

It's the fan I am. I LOVE these boys !

And those making the STUPID comments about not treating these players like pee-wee, etc. - They obviously NEVER attended a USF practice. USF puts the best men on the field to WIN !

Go BULLS !!!

leavitt plays favorites and doesnt and hasnt put his best players on the field

how many college football games have you coached?  what are your credentials to determine who is the best player?  how many snaps did you take on your college football team (let me answer that  - none).   bottom line you are an arm chair qb and know very little about the sport.  Being on the west coast, I suspect you saw very few if any USF games last year being that only half were televised.  You sir, are a fraud of a USF fan.

marquel blackwell should have started san diego state game

pat jewelmiste should not have started as many games as he did

ford shouldnt be 3rd string

i can go on and on

i had 2 satelite dish's last year and as i recall saw more than half the games so i probably saw as many games or more than you

i know the game and i know talent when i see it

doubt you saw more games then me considering many games were not televised, and I was at every home game.  Being a season ticket holder since the first game, I have missed very few games.  I now have 8 tix and my brotehr has the 8 in front of me.  We always bring a large contingent with us.  And I went to bowl games.....  So again, very doubtful you have seen more games then me last season or in any season.   I could stop going for a couple of years and you could try to catch up, but even then that would be doubtful...

now i am convinced

you still think leavitt plays his best players and he doesnt play favorites

so if we are like 3-4, delbert is like 3-14 on field goals, and grothe has thrown like 3 td's and 10 interceptions, we should all act like everything is happy go lucky? give me a break. welcome to real college football. this isnt conference usa anymore

In my opinion it would be fine to criticize Delbert or Matt at that time.  A lot of people criticized Delbert after the AU game - and no doubt it would have been more vocal had we lost.  However, at some point you have to let it go.  Specifically in Delbert's case he had a good end of the season and this is a new year - why are people still jumping on him?  Trust that the coaches will put the best players out there.

correct-- when I talk about whipping boys--- I mean guys who get crapped on at every posible chance. Certain posters here love to bring up certain points in response to anything about player X. smazza on the other hand must have posted 1000 times last season that we lost to rutgers, uconn, and cincy--- then updated his razz line to include Oregon. I don't have an issue with someone who voices an opinion after a game or even a series of games about players. But when out of the blue in some thread that has nothing to do with Amarri Jackson someone reminds everyone (since it has almost been ten minutes since they said this) that he drops balls-- it irritates me. It is worse when I feel that poster is not very well informed in general or possibly just regurgitating something he heard someone else say. It also seems like no matter what Amarri did on the field-- be it a block that helped get Taylor into the end zone or a key catch (and he had them as well)-- the blanket statement of "he couldn't catch a cold" gets thrown about.

It's like shoop and the helmet color thing-- maybe it's part schtick, some part of it being a rallying point of some sort. But it seems to me more like a convenient horse to beat. And sadly-- no amount of good deeds ever seem to erase the bad feelings some posters have about certain things in general. It's a no win situation. Alvarado in Auburn was the glaring moment for many of his detractors-- the ones who annoy me are the ones who cannot let it go despite the fact that we ultimately won the dang game.

you ***** and moan like a school girl anytime anyone complains or criticizes the program

own up man

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Dont tell me I dont know much about the sport. We arent having a **** measure contest here. Alvarado is inconsistent. I understand that there was no one else to kick, but I am talking about this year folks. There should be someone who can do better. So dont tell me that ****.

Archived