• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

yawn

MikeG

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  213

screw it

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

and I am sick of it.

Never fails--- every single season going back many years, we have had one or two players that people seem to pile on every chance they get. For some posters, the whipping is Leavitt or some other coach like Rod Smith.

Last year it was Amarri and Delbert. The year before Amarri and PJ. The year before that Ronnie Banks and PJ. One way or another-- somebody is getting a bad rap on this site by certain posters who make it their goal in life to talk crap about SOMEONE and inject that negative crapola wherever they can.

It's so disgusting to see this pattern continue. I get the impression that some of the more caustic individuals on this board find absolute joy in this practice.

And I already know who is slated for this season-- Delbert and Ben Williams. What in the world did Ben Williams do you ask? Why he has the nerve to start or play ahead of Mike Ford. Never mind the fact that he started out as a walk on, worked himself up to getting a chance to play, filled in a role as we had various issues with players like Ponton and PLancher, and even snagged a MVP trophy from a bowl people act like it was embarrassing to have to play in.

All he ever did for this school was bust his ass.

And for it, does this senior get a modicum of respect? No-- he gets people talking about how tall he is or that he can't run as well as player B-C-D-E-etc. God forbid he does something wrong this season-- like dropping a pass or missing a key block-- these posters are chopping at the bit to jump on him.

Same goes for Alvarado-- he is not allowed to ever miss a kick, and must kick while all these wonderful people make snide remarks about how he will miss this kick.

I tell you what-- these type of people make me ill. The constant griping over losses or bad plays, rarely ever stopping to talk about the GOOD that was done. In retrospect, I don't know whether to blame the media for this going on or perhaps finally understand why they write such negative slanted stories so often-- it feeds public demand to talk about what is wrong with this world instead of any part of it that is truly right.

BRAVO! :clap

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,802
  • Days Won:  29

It amazes me also Mike.

We have guys on this team that are doing their best to make our team great! People bash players that are doing their BEST!

People were upset that Ford didn't play @ FUA ... so, while Taylor was resting an early game injury ... BBQ had 186 yards & 4 TD's. He also was 2nd in yards from scrimmage.

Delbert finished the season 10 of 11 in FG's ... averaged nearly 42 yards per punt ... Big East POW against FAU, 2-2 FG's and averaged nearly 44 yards per punt, including 2 Inside th 15 ... had a streak of 5 games with a punt of atleast 50 yards ... although was 2 for 6 at Auburn - he kicked the tying FG to put us in OT. He did a good job in 2 positions for USF last season.

Think of the season if we went without them . . .

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I met Ben Williams last weekend and he is very nice.  Ready to play.  Pumped up, he has some large muscles...  Dude is pumped.

Alvarado is a great, and I mean great punter.  his FG's improved, he just isn't consistent.  Met him too and he is nice.... 

People on this board need to stop being pricks to individual players.  Unless you played, shut the hell up...

• Content Count:  2,213

Ben Williams is a legendary Bull IMO.  He did whatever was asked, whenever he was asked.  in a way he is the last of the Mohicans . . . a tough nosed player with CUSA talent.  Watching him play makes me think of overachievers who came into their own like Crossley, Henry and Blackwell.  Someday in the future, I'll be watching some 4 star "stud" waste his talent at USF and I'll think of guys like Williams.

Oh yeah, Delbert will cost us a game . . . . its just a matter of time.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Brian Fisher was awesome on the field, so if anyone criticized him it was for his off-field stuff...btw, I played basketball with him once, heh...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

I particularly don't like it when people criticize Delbert. I was a kicker in highschool, and I know the pressure I felt then. It is not even CLOSE to the pressure a kicker must feel in College, TV, 90K people etc... 

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  0

So if a player nearly costs a game, or is struggling we shouldn't point it out and be able to discuss it on a message board? Seems a little extreme for you to get so defensive. I understand they are amateur athletes but opinions should be heard. I hate to see a player getting bashed all the time and wouldn't wish anyone to go the what Delbert did last year but it comes with the territory.

and why shouldn't we criticize or second guess coaches? They're getting paid for it. They're job is to perform, when they don't they're open for criticism.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I will not drag a player through the mud. With that said, god give me a break! This is a team capable of being ranked in the most elite of college football. Delbert is one HELL of a GREAT punter; anybody who disagrees is just plain dumb. With that said, he is also the starting kicker. People have their opinions. When a player does something wrong, you betcha I will make a point on calling it. "Dont worry son, you tried your best; you get an A for effort ;)! Its not little league for god sake! Ben Williams is also a great kid. Nobody should give him crap, but its not like I am not going to call him out if he does something wrong. Everybody talks about he is gods gift at blocking, and thats why he will be the starter. When he misses a block, etc, etc... you better believe I am going to jump his ****. It should however be no different with any other player. I have/will call Ford out when he fumbles, misses a block, etc...  There was nothing wrong with jumping Amarri last year either. He couldnt catch a cold lol. Nobody should single out players ahead of time, but for god sakes, quit the love fest. Let me know when everybody stops crying.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Some do go overboard but i don't think discussing who needs to step up or improve should be off limits.  As long as it's done in a mature and respectful fashion all forms of discussion should be welcome here.

Archived