• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Al Reyes DFA'd

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

To make room for Bradford.  I'm rather surprised.  I thought they would stash him on the DL for two weeks until rosters expand.  But I forgot they would need a spot on the 40 man roster, which currently sits at 39. 

That tells me that Rocco should return any day now...  ;D

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

they have stated the only reason baldelli isn't activated yet is because they are waiting for bartlett to heal up before they send down/DFA Aybar or Zobrist or Floyd.

• Content Count:  873

They need to keep zobrist with the way he's hitting right now.

• Content Count:  883

I think out of those three Floyd has been the weakest lately.  Zobrist and Aybar give you the all that position flexibility.  On the other hand, maybe you don't need two super utility players.  I think you do.  Floyd's the odd man out in my opinion.

• Content Count:  12,293

floyd is a power threat with post season experience though.

they will probably put him on the DL before they release him.  in sept 1 it wont matter.  so the 15 day DL would work out fine.

• Content Count:  509

how much affect does floyd have on the clubhouse?  he's the troy percival of the positional players.  he's been there, he knows what to expect, he knows how it tunes up in the playoffs.

send down aybar and bring him back up when rosters expand in 20 days.  they need a backup shortstop, aybar is not a shortstop.

or floyd will sustain an "injury" and be ready to come back when rosters expand.

• Content Count:  4,016

how much affect does floyd have on the clubhouse?  he's the troy percival of the positional players.  he's been there, he knows what to expect, he knows how it tunes up in the playoffs.

send down aybar and bring him back up when rosters expand in 20 days.  they need a backup shortstop, aybar is not a shortstop.

or floyd will sustain an "injury" and be ready to come back when rosters expand.

that's it.  Can't release Floyd at this juncture.  He's still a big enough threat in the eyes of pitchers to make a difference in pitching.  If he heats up just a little bit then he'll be worth the acquisition.  But this team is partially where it is because of Percy and Floyd.  They said when Percy first met Garza he said something to the effect 'I heard you were a **** in Minneapolis, well don't be a **** down here'.  Those kind of guys don't take ssheeet, and push the guys.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

that's it.  Can't release Floyd at this juncture.  He's still a big enough threat in the eyes of pitchers to make a difference in pitching.  If he heats up just a little bit then he'll be worth the acquisition.  But this team is partially where it is because of Percy and Floyd.  They said when Percy first met Garza he said something to the effect 'I heard you were a **** in Minneapolis, well don't be a **** down here'.  Those kind of guys don't take ssheeet, and push the guys.

Totally agree with you two. If you get rid of Floyd how many with playoff experience does that leave? There's no way he should go...

Archived