• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium parking question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all...I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there's anyplace cheap (preferably free) & safe to park in the vicinity of Raymond James for a Bulls game?  I don't mind arriving early and/or walking up to 15 minutes or so but I'd probably be by myself and would rather not add another $10-15 parking fee on top of the ticket price + gas (from St. Pete).  I'm thinking about trying for the Fri. night Kansas game.  Thanks.

• Content Count:  12,293

is al lopez park free?  that could be an option

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I would suggest you spend the $10, get there early, bring some beer, and make some new friends.  The tailgates are almost as much fun as the game (almost).

• Content Count:  12,293

yea there are plenty of fan groups that would welcome you in.  check out www.bullsbackers.com  for example.  you might even find that a member lives close to you and could carpool or something.

dont let parking keep you from going to see the Bulls.

• Content Count:  1,254

I would suggest you spend the $10, get there early, bring some beer, and make some new friends.  The tailgates are almost as much fun as the game (almost).

I think the tailgates will be more fun for the TN-Martin and Cuse games. The best tailgate I had last year was the UCF game. Got to meet up with some friends who came over and did steak and eggs for a breakfast tailgate (great decision). Granted we kicked the crap out them, that heat made it feel like the 18th level of hell.

But as others stated beachbum...parking should be the least of your concerns. Even though it isn't free, it is certainly convenient to have your car right outside the stadium when its over. Ever been to a game at the (now extinct) Orange Bowl? Parking there is a nightmare.

• Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

Pay the parking.  Save the $10 by packing your lunch a couple days the week before.

• Content Count:  1,757

Stadium parking is SUPER easy to get in/out of.  Many entrances... try the north (east) side.  Mall parking is good too, find your own space. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Hi all...I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there's anyplace cheap (preferably free) & safe to park in the vicinity of Raymond James for a Bulls game?  I don't mind arriving early and/or walking up to 15 minutes or so but I'd probably be by myself and would rather not add another $10-15 parking fee on top of the ticket price + gas (from St. Pete).  I'm thinking about trying for the Fri. night Kansas game.  Thanks.

Interesting post:

1. Cheap is in the wallet of the beholder. $10 is cheap (to me). It's only when we get up over a $20 that I start

to question things...

2. Everywhere around RayJ is safe...because everywhere around RayJ is paid parking (the mall, the stadium, HCC, etc.)

3. I don't know if this is an absolute cash flow issue (concern over $10 on top of the cost of a ticket and fuel to get from

Pinellas to Hillsborough), but you may - if possible - want to think in terms of something like http://bullbackers.com/membershipinfo_dues.php. It would a great opportunity to 'broaden your game day horizon' and make the tailgating experience something to look forward to...expanding the social network, so to speak.  Just food for thought.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

The only free lot would be in KMart at Columbus and Himes.  There is also a Chilis in that plaza, but they usually have someone out there monitoring that you actually come inside Chilis and not walk to the stadium.  Kmart though I don't believe cares or monitors. 

• Content Count:  16

Thanks for the responses.  I think I will check out Al Lopez park and surrounding area--sounds like the tailgating is good there also.  Getting towed from a shopping center lot would of course defeat the purpose of saving money--that makes me nervous  :)

Now then, if anyone has a game ticket for sale cheap... ;D

Archived