• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Counting Chickens Before they Hatch...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Apparently UCF's Ticket Office sent out a parking pass to the "Conference USA Championship Game" to all season ticket holders, assuming:

1.  UCF would make it

2.  It'd be in the Tin Can.

Call me crazy, but I think that's some bad karma to start off the season...

• Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

The brass do not want the conference f-ing up a possible championship game again.

Chimps with cymbals could run C-USA better than Britton.  After the bowl fiasco in 2005, I have no love for how the conference runs.

• Content Count:  684

what do you mean by that DP?  im not familiar with the C-USA administration

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Counting chicken before they hatch is UCF's patented trademark.  Look at the hysteria around the mediocrity that is UCF athletics...  How does that happen?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Apparently UCF's Ticket Office sent out a parking pass to the "Conference USA Championship Game" to all season ticket holders, assuming:

1.  UCF would make it

It's not bad.  The Gators put the SEC Championship game on their schedule every year.  Plus even if UCF isn't in the game the passes are still good.  Everyone will be able to park on campus for the afternoon.

• Content Count:  2,239

To explain, bowl games are not allowed to pick schools until after the bowl ahead of them picks.  CUSA knew the GMAC Bowl talked to UTEP about going there because of the so called QB matchup of Bruce Gradkowski vs Jordan Palmer.  It turned out to be a dud and the bowl admitted they should have followed protocol as the conference's #2 bowl and taken UCF.

CUSA knew of the talks and did nothing.  They allowed the collusion and it sent UCF to Hawaii.  I haven't like them since.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

To explain, bowl games are not allowed to pick schools until after the bowl ahead of them picks.  CUSA knew the GMAC Bowl talked to UTEP about going there because of the so called QB matchup of Bruce Gradkowski vs Jordan Palmer.  It turned out to be a dud and the bowl admitted they should have followed protocol as the conference's #2 bowl and taken UCF.

Actually, local GMAC Bowl folks in Mobile said they picked UTEP because the coach from the team was the recently fired HC from Alabama...who had a famous trist in a nearby hotel on the Gulf.

Yes...that thinking did fail...UTEP brought less than 600 fans to the game...hotels/local restaurants lost a TON of $$$$ that weekend.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

1.  UCF would make it

It's not bad.  The Gators put the SEC Championship game on their schedule every year. 

Believe many teams that play in Conferences with Championship Games list the Conf Championship Game on a lot of their material.

Also...last year's Champ Game parking was a minor headache...as UCF folks asked UCF Boosters to hold on to their last home game parking pass (UTEP) and use it for the Champ Game.

Well...not everyone got the message...and UCF folks had to scramble at the last minute. (Game was over Thanksgiving Weekend...many folks gave tix/parking passes to friends...and well...you can guess what happened to their parking pass).

If UCF ever hosts another Conf Champ Game (pretty good odds...since UCF has hosted it twice during the games 3 year existance), parking passes for boosters will be one thing UCF won't have to worry about.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

This would be a bigger issue if none of the other 11 schools issued championship game parking passes before the season. I don't know the answer to that question so I can't jump all over UCF.

Archived