• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"How far off is it?" Mike Hobbie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i  am willing to give him 3 more years to see if there is great improvement

the problem appears to be with the offensive side of the ball

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wildrover

thats like saying "If I keep running into the door, eventually I'll brake through it, I know some people say to make adjustments and use the doorknob, but we've gameplanned to run through the door, regardless of the broken nose, cracked skull and swollen eyeball, I've got my gameplan I don't want to just chuck it"  

I'm beginning to see the line between persistance and stupidity getting smaller and smaller  :-/

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I think Mike Hobbie is far off-far off in another world!  He must be blind, the offense stunk last year and I have not seen any changes from last year to this year.  This guy has to go!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

i am holding back from going ape$hit on this until after this weekend.  If he cant put it together against a pourous (sp?) defense like TCU i am willing to start the fund to register firemikehobbie.com

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

Holy Crap...I can't believe that people are actually talking about getting rid of JL!  Are you for real?  We have a bad showing against a good SEC team and we sound like a bunch of Gators bitchin about everything.

Look, we know that we have some problems at the QB position but we have to admit that the past 2-3 years we have gone hard after a top notch blue chip QB recruit and have come up empty.  On the other hand, we have a few good ones coming in next year and it should only get better with our inclusion in the Big East.

I'm still not giving up on Julmiste...I've seen some good things from him and will only maintain a positive attitude.  Hell, he "is" what we have this year and we better support the players we have.  

I do agree that our offensive sceme needs work and that will come in time as we have the type of QB that can run more of a traditional offense.  Banks was a marginal QB talent coming out of high school and Julmiste ran an option style offense in high school.  We can't expect them to come in a start dropping back like a prototype QB.

Let's just get behind this team...I still us competing for the conference championship this year.  Our defense as usual will have to keep us in games.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

B.Diddy - what kind of championship are you talking about?  Conference or National?  If National I'd have to agree and would go out on a limb and say USF will not win a National Championship in the next 50 years no matter who the coach is.  If you think think we are going to be a national player at the level in the near future then please mail some of your weed to me.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

we will never win a championship with CJL, mark my words. I like the guy and have a lot of respect for him, but it's coming time to move on.

After one freaking bad game?

WTF are you talking about? I guess you must the last 6 years where the schedules have become harder every year and the man had to recruit out of double wide?

Thanks for the "contribution".

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

If National I'd have to agree and would go out on a limb and say USF will not win a National Championship in the next 50 years no matter who the coach is.  

I think there is a small private school in trendy Coral Gables that would say different.

However it is not unreasonable that we should be striving to compete for a nationa championship within the next 10 years.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

What an ignorant statement, "you cant make changes" so we have to continue to run the spread offense.

WHAT DO YOU THINK THE @#$%! OFF SEASON IS FOR!!!!

How blind is our coaching staff,  do they really think the run n shoot spread offense will work in the Big East?  

If we were going to make an offensive scheme change, this should've been the year to do it.  Then we would have 1 year of experience in the system under our belt before heading into BCS territory.  

Unless we recruit and sign the second coming of Chris Leak next season, it could be a long year in the BE.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Hey some of these "posters" were calling for CJL's head during our 9-2 season. Its funny how they come out when things are bad and then go away during other times....