• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why & How does BM get an AP vote over GA??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Of course, I will enjoy the weekly threads scrutinizing Brett's ballot and castigating him for having us 2 places too low or calling him a homer for having us 2 places too high.  It should be great. 

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Someone other than Greg at the SPT had a vote last year.  This year Brett has a vote.  Having someone who has heard of your program with a vote is never a bad thing.  I think both Greg and Brett would go out of their way to be impartial in something like that.  We may not like everything these guys write but their job is to report the news not to be cheerleaders for the program.  I expect that Brett will be a true professional and vote the way he truly believes the teams should be ranked.

Brian Landsman, who is the FSU beat writer, gave USF the shaft quite a bit last year in the polls. I think he took a lot of grief for that, which he rightfully deserved. LOL

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Since he already has predicted USF finishing 3rd in the Big East, I seriously doubt that USF will be included in his first top 25 ballot.

he already said that USF will be in his first top 25 ballot

Like Steve Spurrier always gives Duke a top 25 vote on the first ballot of the year?

• Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

Bret is certainly not as active as GA but he does a very solid job. I would much rather he have a vote in his hands then many of the other sports writers out there.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Bret is certainly not as active as GA but he does a very solid job. I would much rather he have a vote in his hands then many of the other sports writers out there.

exactly!

I think part of the problem some fans disliking Brett is that they compare him to Greg.  They both do a good job.  Greg is just a lot more active with his blog.

The Trib has done a great job recently in covering the Bulls.  Now I just hope this season that we get more coverage then the Gators.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

We may be in trouble in the end...........I dont know I'am little scared you??   The McMurphy v Auman battle

I have my reservations about how he will vote.

I don't expect USF to get the benefit of doubt from him, because he won't want to look like a homer.

Since he already has predicted USF finishing 3rd in the Big East, I seriously doubt that USF will be included in his first top 25 ballot.

How is #3 in the Big East not a fair assessment.

Granted we could finish better. Brett has been spot on the last few years. His job is to be fair. If I were submitting a poll I would have us at 19-22

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

This thread sucks.  A pro-USF newspaper writer gets an AP vote and some people still complain?

I like both Greg and Brett equally.  They are different, yet the same.

Let's move on with our lives and talk about more important things, like boobies.

Archived