• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why & How does BM get an AP vote over GA??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

We may be in trouble in the end...........I dont know I'am little scared you??  The McMurphy v Auman battle

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Not scared at all.  Brett is a heck of a reporter.  He doesn't spend as much time on his blog, but then few have the dedication that Greg has.  Brett or Greg will most definitly be completly fair. 

• Content Count:  12,293

Not scared at all.  Brett is a heck of a reporter.  He doesn't spend as much time on his blog, but then few have the dedication that Greg has.  Brett or Greg will most definitly be completly fair. 

yea...why does Brett have such a bad rep around here?  i think he does a great job with his articles.  sometimes he reports things that arent positive for USF but its still newsworthy. 

Greg does a great job too and spends far more time on his blog but both are good at what they do.

Brett will be fair to USF in the vote and I am glad that he is 1 of the 3 writers in the state that have a vote.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

yea...why does Brett have such a bad rep around here?  i think he does a great job with his articles.  sometimes he reports things that arent positive for USF but its still newsworthy. 

Greg does a great job too and spends far more time on his blog but both are good at what they do.

Brett will be fair to USF in the vote and I am glad that he is 1 of the 3 writers in the state that have a vote.

I agree 100% both guys do a wonderful job

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We may be in trouble in the end...........I dont know I'am little scared you??   The McMurphy v Auman battle

I have my reservations about how he will vote.

I don't expect USF to get the benefit of doubt from him, because he won't want to look like a homer.

Since he already has predicted USF finishing 3rd in the Big East, I seriously doubt that USF will be included in his first top 25 ballot.

Since he already has predicted USF finishing 3rd in the Big East, I seriously doubt that USF will be included in his first top 25 ballot.

he already said that USF will be in his first top 25 ballot

this is from Brett's blog

"I will post my weekly Top 25 here each week and my preseason ballot early next month. I haven’t determined my Top 25 yet, but I do know USF will be in it. Where, I don’t know yet. "

• Content Count:  2,726

Well...that settles that.  lol

I've never had a problem with Brett writing.  He seems very fair, which is what we need.  IMHO

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Someone other than Greg at the SPT had a vote last year.  This year Brett has a vote.  Having someone who has heard of your program with a vote is never a bad thing.  I think both Greg and Brett would go out of their way to be impartial in something like that.  We may not like everything these guys write but their job is to report the news not to be cheerleaders for the program.  I expect that Brett will be a true professional and vote the way he truly believes the teams should be ranked.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I must have missed it. I'm somewhat surprised he would have three Big East teams (WVU, PITT and USF).

I only saw this part today:

Big East AP voters: As mentioned last week, I will have a vote in this year’s Associated Press football poll. Of the 65 national voters, at least five will have ties to Big East schools.

The others: Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette; Mitch Vingle of The Charleston (WVa.) Gazette; Kent Taylor of WAVE Ch. 3 in Louisville, Ky. and John Silver of the Journal Inquirer in Connecuticut.

The state of Florida has two other voters besides myself: Robbie Andreu (Gainesville Sun) and Jim Lamar (Tallahassee Democrat).

The preseason AP poll will be released Aug. 16.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/espncom-says-bulls-aint-so-prestigious/

Archived