• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays USF night hat (image inside)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

Got my tickets! I'll be along the third base line instead of first  (though I do have this thing for 3rd baseman). That's what I get for not getting tickets sooner. Didn't do it through the USF/Rays promotion, didn't have much desire to have the hat...but I'll be there in my bulls gear.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293

the hats arent that bad actually.  i have gotten a few promo give-a-ways in the past so my expectations werent too high.  i hope nobody was expecting a New Era type of product.  The Bulls logo on the back looks great.  Granted, i have one of the biggest heads known to man so i cant even attempt to wear it (imagine trying to put a baby's sock on your foot) but my wife loves those kind of hats.

thanks again _EI for putting it all together so we can get our hats without having to be there before the first batting practice pitch is thrown.  Nice to finally meet you today as well.

• Content Count:  883

I called the Rays today and got the low down.  There is plenty of hats left.  They have only oversold the hat tickets by about 50.  So basically everyone is still gonna get one.  The message that says "Rays/USF hats are no longer available" is for people that still haven't bought their tickets.  They're just giving them the heads up that if you haven't bought them by now you're not gonna get the hat. 

• Content Count:  12,293

thats good to hear.  even though i already have my hats it just wouldnt be right if they werent going to give any of them away at the game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

I called the Rays today and got the low down.  There is plenty of hats left.  They have only oversold the hat tickets by about 50.  So basically everyone is still gonna get one.  The message that says "Rays/USF hats are no longer available" is for people that still haven't bought their tickets.  They're just giving them the heads up that if you haven't bought them by now you're not gonna get the hat. 

Looking at my tickets I don't see anything that stands out as designating it as a hat ticket. I wonder how they'll know who's to get the hats?

I'm guessing by what section it's in, but I'm not sure.

• Content Count:  3,827

My guess: The "party areas" will all get hats, along with the first 10,000 people through the door. Advice: try going to a lesser used Gate.....ie: Gate 2 or 6. Gate 1(rotunda) and Gate 4(will call/media entrance) are always crowded and most likely will run out of giveaway stuff soonest.

Same thing with parking. The game is going to be sold out, which means that there's gonna be about 30,000 people trying to get into the main lot...which only has about 10,000 spots. In other words, park on the 16th St side of the stadium, morons! I work at the Trop, and I see it every time there are 30,000+....which has been about 10 times this year.

http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/tb/ballpark/seatingchart.jsp

My guess: The "party areas" will all get hats, along with the first 10,000 people through the door. Advice: try going to a lesser used Gate.....ie: Gate 2 or 6. Gate 1(rotunda) and Gate 4(will call/media entrance) are always crowded and most likely will run out of giveaway stuff soonest.

Same thing with parking. The game is going to be sold out, which means that there's gonna be about 30,000 people trying to get into the main lot...which only has about 10,000 spots. In other words, park on the 16th St side of the stadium, morons! I work at the Trop, and I see it every time there are 30,000+....which has been about 10 times this year.

I think the first 10,000 people get the BJ Upton figurine not the hat. People that bought baseline box seats get the hat and the Upton. I could be wrong, but that's what I read originally.

I always park on the 16th street side.  Way easier and a lot less people.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  3,827

I think the first 10,000 people get the BJ Upton figurine not the hat.  People that bought baseline box seats get the hat and the Upton.  I could be wrong, but that's what I read originally.

I always park on the 16th street side.  Way easier and a lot less people.

BUMPPPPP

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I was a little disappointed with the quality of the hat, but I guess for $25 for a ticket, hat and a LL Cool J (did anyone catch MC Hammer on Saturday) concert I shouldnt complain.

Hammer sucked - so hard - made me say - oh my lord -  thank you for blessing me with a car to leave and a set of keys.

I know I'm late on this, but bravo my friend, you made beer come out of my nose.

P.S.  Hammer did indeed suck

Archived