• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stupid RayJay Parking Lot Rules

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

Figured I'd throw a completely different topic out there.  Don't remember anybody mentioning this before, but I was p*ssed when I drove into Lot 5 before the Tenn Tech game, where I was given a list of the latest boneheaded RayJay rules--including no tossing the ball or playing catch in the parking lots (which was bolded, by the way).

In the past couple of years myself and a couple of our tailgaiting crew have gotten into our share of arguments with the parking nazis.  They've tagged me before for playing catch with my son--a NERF ball at that!--and I'm in utter disbelief that they would ban a tailgaiting tradition!

I think this is asinine and ridiculous.  This bother anybody else out there?   Does this rule apply to all lots, including the mall lot?  How about for Bucs games?  Is this getting to be the trend at other stadiums as well?  

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

You can probably thank a lawyer and/or someone got hit by a errant ball and threatened or did bring a suit against RJ for negligence.  So as smazza would say "Thank a lawyer."

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Bullo hit it on the head.................. actually, I think it's been a policy for awhile now but never seriously enforced until recently. We're in Lot 7 and although we didn't tailgate for last game, they were starting that BS last year. We just stopped when thay said stop and picked it up when they left ................. I realize they have a job to do but still ......

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3

YES IT IS VERY STUPID, AND DON'T KNOW ABOUT OTHER PARKING LOTS.  YOU ARE RIGHT, IT IS PART OF TRADITION.  A FEW PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO OLD TO THROW OR CATCH MUST HAVE COMPLAINED.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

me and the crew I tailgate with throw the football around. Nobody has came up to us and told us to stop. We did it all of last year and for the tennessee tech game.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  9

The parking nazis must feel like the are in control at all times. It is written into law!  Just try to stop your SUV a few feet short so you can open the hatch and watch them have a COW!  

Just wait till they leave and have a good time!

P.S.  Someone from USF came up to talk to us at the TTU game.  He said for lot 6d(?) (general parking off himes) for futrure games they would only park people under the trees for the first hour the lot was open.  After that we would have to park in the sun.  It had to do with some sort of safety issue when the lot got crowded.

ALSO-  He said the lot is only open for three hours due to funding with the parking crew.  It costs more money after three hours.  I for one would be willing to pay a few more bucks for another hour or two of tailgating!

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  446

This ball-tossing is the final straw for me.  The fact that they do not share the revenue with USF had them on thin ice to begin with....truthfully, I would only park at the stadium when the little lady made me.

But this is it.  NEVER AGAIN!!!  There are plenty of other places to park around the stadium where the money will actually go do people who need it AND look, I can even throw football with my son....

Bunch of Jerks!

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Well as much as I dont like it, lets see:

Hot Grills, automobiles, cars moving, drunk people.

Take your pick, which would you rather hit with a football or be hit by when one of these objects moves becuase of an errant football being thrown.

As much as I dont like it, they are correct, blame a lawyer......

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

I went to the TTU game and parked in the lot to the west of the Mall lot (on the other side of Himes) and was by the WBUL student radio booth and peeps were throwing footballs and no one seemed to care

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Come over to the mall with us....

Footballs everywhere, nazi's nowhere.