• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF on the cusp

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

of having a top 10 recruiting class early on, according to ESPN.

1. Texas

2. So Cal

3. Ohio St

4. LSU

5. Georgia

6. Clemson

7. Oklashoma

8. FSU

9. RU

10. Tenn

On the cusp: Auburn, South Florida, Alabama, Michigan, North Carolina, Penn State and Texas A&M.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3477705

The perception of having a top recruiting class helps to draw top reruits as they want to be a part of that.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

pretty cool.. nice find!

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

don't like seeing RU in that list

don't like seeing RU in that list

They are almost done with their recruiting, while we still have half a class to fill. So, we should be neck and neck with them in recruiting this year when all is said and done.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

This will not be a top-10 class.  Neither will RU's.  However, both can be top-25/30 classes.  We still have 14 slots while RU only has 6.  Also, WVU recruiting this year has been very good also and they should be top 25.

This will not be a top-10 class.  Neither will RU's.  However, both can be top-25/30 classes.  We still have 14 slots while RU only has 6.  Also, WVU recruiting this year has been very good also and they should be top 25.

The way I see it playing out, we might end up being Top 15 on ESPN, Top 25 on Rivals and Top 35 on Scout.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Where is UF?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The way I see it playing out, we might end up being Top 15 on ESPN, Top 25 on Rivals and Top 35 on Scout.

I'm willing to bet this is not a top-20 class on any of those 3 sites.  Name the consideration. 

I'm willing to bet this is not a top-20 class on any of those 3 sites.  Name the consideration. 

Recruiting is too much of a wildcard, for me, to bet either for or against. Our recruiting could slow down or even pick-up from here on out.

The reason why I expect to be ranked better on ESPN is because they think more highly of the guys who gave us a verbal than the other two sites, so it's RELATIVE. For example, WVU is ranked higher on both Scout and Rivals, but we have many more ESPN 150 watch list players than they do. That's their judgment, good or bad.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Now in Brett's blog....good job Mama  ;)

Archived