• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6 COMMITS....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

6 commits in a day should land us an ESPN headline. They reported that Tennessee had a phenominal week by landing 5.

But that's Tennessee.  You know the 6 we landed can't be any good, cause the good ones all play in the SEC.    ;)

The funny thing is that Kamran Joyer turned down an offer from Tenn to play at USF.

One of the guys we just got, James Green, was reportedly a decommit from Auburn, just like George Baker.

WR James Green (6-4 200) of Tallahassee is still on the market after pulling back a commitment to Auburn according to a source familiar with his recruiting. Green apparently had given Auburn a pledge but quickly withdrew it and is continuing to weigh his options. He has offers from Auburn, USC, Central Florida, Minnesota, Syracuse, Iowa State and Ole Miss. 

That article didn't even mention USF.

I'm sure that both Tenn, AU and the rest of the SEC schools are very much aware of USF. They are starting to get run over by the stampede. LOL

UT just plucked one of the top RB's in the country right out of Tampa...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Not to mention we already had a 4 star WR decommit.

Who we still have a good chance of landing.

Also, three of our verbals are not yet listed as USF verbals on Rivals.

Leon Woods

Demi Thompson

Tyrone Williams

Demi Thompson, is already a 3 star Rivals recruit.

Plus, USF verbal Ismael Grant is listed as a verbal, but not yet ranked.

6 commits in a day should land us an ESPN headline. They reported that Tennessee had a phenominal week by landing 5.

But that's Tennessee.  You know the 6 we landed can't be any good, cause the good ones all play in the SEC.    ;)

The funny thing is that Kamran Joyer turned down an offer from Tenn to play at USF.

One of the guys we just got, James Green, was reportedly a decommit from Auburn, just like George Baker.

WR James Green (6-4 200) of Tallahassee is still on the market after pulling back a commitment to Auburn according to a source familiar with his recruiting. Green apparently had given Auburn a pledge but quickly withdrew it and is continuing to weigh his options. He has offers from Auburn, USC, Central Florida, Minnesota, Syracuse, Iowa State and Ole Miss. 

I'm sure that both Tenn, AU and the rest of the SEC schools are very much aware of USF. They are starting to get run over by the stampede. LOL

That's only because we don't need any more RB's.  ;)

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Great back in Jarvis Giles.  More surprising than USF not getting him (which is not a huge surprise) is that none of the in-state teams was able to keep him.

Great back in Jarvis Giles.  More surprising than USF not getting him (which is not a huge surprise) is that none of the in-state teams was able to keep him.

Well, he just wanted to play out of state.

I'm just glad we don't have to face him. LOL

Getting to back to the ESPN watch list, which I know some people don't like to hear about. LOL

ESPN has now updated all our current verbals. We have 7 out of 10 HS players on their watch list. One aditional player, Kamran Joyer, was on their watch list the day before he gave a verbal to USF, and then was left off for no apparent reason. I'm not counting for this purpose JUCO verbal Ismael Grant as he is not eligible for their watch list.

The reason why I am mentioning it is for the purpose of making a comparison to the other Big East football schools.

USF 10 verbals 7 on watch list 70% of class 2 All-Amerricans

RU 17 verbals 8 on watch list 47% of class no All Americans

WVU 10 verbals 4 on watch list 40% of class no All Americans

The REST of the Big East 19 verbals 0 on watch list 0% of class.

I understand, that it's not the be all and end all, but I'd STILL rather be the school with the highest percentage of them.  ;D

http://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=113790354&mid=113790354&sid=988&style=2

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

Was this the first year USF had the "SuperBull" Camp?  Is so, why?

I think this was the first year, but USF DID take recruits to RayJay last year as well.

A lot of it has to do with the the way Florida started the "Florida Nights" camp a few years ago. FSU followed with their own the next year and USF wanted something similar this year.

I know that last year Florida brought back to its camp MANY of their former players who went on to play in the NFL. I suggested to Santiago Gramatica that we should do the same. He thought it would be a great idea and would take it up with Leavitt. I don't know if we did that or not this year.

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I think this was the first year, but USF DID take recruits to RayJay last year as well.

A lot of it has to do with the the way Florida started the "Florida Nights" camp a few years ago. FSU followed with their own the next year and USF wanted something similar this year.

I know that last year Florida brought back to its camp MANY of their former players who went on to play in the NFL. I suggested to Santiago Gramatica that we should do the same. He thought it would be a great idea and would take it up with Leavitt. I don't know if we did that or not this year.

Were current players there?

I don't know as I wasn't there.

I think Under Armor sponsored it and all the recruits got a USF Football shirt from them.

561539.jpg

Rodney Scott & Mike James

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=2&c=764325&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fsouthflorida.scout.com%2f2%2f764325.html

Archived