• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6 COMMITS....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Can we please stop bringing up the "ESPN top 150 watch list"  There are over 1400 players on the list so it's not exactly exclusive. 

I'm confused .... Why, then, isn't it called the "ESPN top 1400 watch list"?

Well, first, I didn't count how many players are on the ESPN Top 150 WATCH LIST. Greg Auman threw out the 1,400 number in some other thread.

It's like any watch list. X number of players are vying for 150 spots. So, if it's 1,400 they have approx a 1 in 10 chance of making it to the final 150. I would think that at least our two players who were named by them All-Americans will eventually do that. Anyway, there are LOTS of GOOD players, most of them, who don't make it even on to the watch list, so it has some meaning as a barometer on how well we are recruiting.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/scorecard?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fscorecard

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

6 commits in a day should land us an ESPN headline. They reported that Tennessee had a phenominal week by landing 5.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

6 commits in a day should land us an ESPN headline. They reported that Tennessee had a phenominal week by landing 5.

But that's Tennessee.  You know the 6 we landed can't be any good, cause the good ones all play in the SEC.    ;)

But that's Tennessee.  You know the 6 we landed can't be any good, cause the good ones all play in the SEC.    ;)

The funny thing is that Kamran Joyer turned down an offer from Tenn to play at USF.

One of the guys we just got, James Green, was reportedly a decommit from Auburn, just like George Baker.

WR James Green (6-4 200) of Tallahassee is still on the market after pulling back a commitment to Auburn according to a source familiar with his recruiting. Green apparently had given Auburn a pledge but quickly withdrew it and is continuing to weigh his options. He has offers from Auburn, USC, Central Florida, Minnesota, Syracuse, Iowa State and Ole Miss. 

That article didn't even mention USF.

I'm sure that both Tenn, AU and the rest of the SEC schools are very much aware of USF. They are starting to get run over by the stampede. LOL

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

The funny thing is that Kamran Joyer turned down an offer from Tenn to play at USF.

One of the guys we just got, James Green, was reportedly a decommit from Auburn, just like George Baker.

WR James Green (6-4 200) of Tallahassee is still on the market after pulling back a commitment to Auburn according to a source familiar with his recruiting. Green apparently had given Auburn a pledge but quickly withdrew it and is continuing to weigh his options. He has offers from Auburn, USC, Central South Florida, Minnesota, Syracuse, Iowa State and Ole Miss. 

I'm sure that both Tenn, AU and the rest of the SEC schools are very much aware of USF. They are starting to get run over by the stampede. LOL

I'm sure they were confused yet again  ;D

WR James Green (6-4 200) of Tallahassee is still on the market after pulling back a commitment to Auburn according to a source familiar with his recruiting. Green apparently had given Auburn a pledge but quickly withdrew it and is continuing to weigh his options. He has offers from Auburn, USC, Central South Florida, Minnesota, Syracuse, Iowa State and Ole Miss. 

I'm sure they were confused yet again  ;D

Not this time.

He DID have an offer from UCF. LOL

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=3606832

BTW, Ricardo Dixon also had offers from Tenn and AU along with FSU and USC.

Personally, I'm more happy about beating out Spurrier for recruits. He's been a real thorn in our side the past few years in recruiting.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=8&c=1&nid=3606783

• Content Count:  13

Congrats on a big weekend. Good for you and the Big East! See you in the fall!

• Content Count:  2,523

NIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  Imagine when all these latest classes mature and hit the field seeing significant playing time!  Think we're good now?  Some folks are regretting putting us on the schedule and pushing it back is only going to make things worse...

• Content Count:  291

Rivals shows the commitment list of 3 4*'s and 4 3*'s for 2009 class. If they all sign their LOI should be a very impressive class.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Not to mention we already had a 4 star WR decommit.

Archived