• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Was the refs call during...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

the uf-ut game bogus or what?  I know how much we all despise the gators, but I think that call shows how biased SEC refs are.  We have been on the receiving end of it four times, and it is nice to see uf get a taste of it, but I have to say it was a horrible call, the ut player slapped first with the official looking right at him, then the uf player did the same, boom that flag was out of the refs pocket faster then you can believe.  that is just like something that would be called against us.  That ref, along with a bunch of other sec refs need to go.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

the uf-ut game bogus or what?  I know how much we all despise the gators, but I think that call shows how biased SEC refs are.  We have been on the receiving end of it four times, and it is nice to see uf get a taste of it, but I have to say it was a horrible call, the ut player slapped first with the official looking right at him, then the uf player did the same, boom that flag was out of the refs pocket faster then you can believe.  that is just like something that would be called against us.  That ref, along with a bunch of other sec refs need to go.

Yeah UF got hosed on that call, no way that Ref should have made that call.  I hate to see a game get decided by a penalty that had nothing to do with the play on the field.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah UF got hosed on that call, no way that Ref should have made that call.  I hate to see a game get decided by a penalty that had nothing to do with the play on the field.

It WAS a horrible call but it didn't really decide the game per say. UT still had to get into field goal range and hit it. It would have decided the game if it was on the last play before the field goal try .............. and even then a 50 yder aint a gimme.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

players need to learn to keep their cool and know what's on the line, our players esp

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

The $EC officials made another mistake on that penalty as well.

Head of SEC officials admits timing mistake in Vols' win over Florida

September 19, 2004 - Yahoo

The Southeastern Conference's supervisor of officials said Sunday the crew working the Tennessee-Florida game erred in handling the clock, allowing the Volunteers more time on their final drive, which ended with a game-winning field goal.

The mistake occurred when Florida receiver Dallas Baker was called for unsportsmanlike conduct after DeShawn Wynn was stopped on a third-down run with 55 seconds left in the game, with the Gators leading 28-27 Saturday night.

After the penalty, the officials placed the ball on the ground and began running the clock on the snap for Florida's fourth-down punt.

Bobby Gaston, the SEC supervisor of officials, said because it was a running play, the clock should have started on the ``ready'' -- when the referee winds his arm -- and not the snap.

Whole story

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Who cares...The Gayturds lost!!!  ;D