• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Southern Cal and USF in battle for Giddins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Giddins Gets Big Offer

Posted By Adam Adkins at Jun 11, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Updated Jun 11, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Armwood standout defensive lineman Ryne Giddins recently picked up what could be his biggest scholarship offer yet: an offer from national power Southern California.

Giddins said Wednesday morning that USC pulled the trigger within the past two weeks, joining a long list of offers for the Hawks rising senior that includes many of the nation’s top programs - Florida, Florida State, Tennessee, Miami, Auburn, North Carolina, USF, Rutgers, Vanderbilt and Louisville are a few.

Giddins also said he’ll narrow down his choices to a list of six sometime between the end of June and beginning of July. He wouldn’t budge on giving insight as to which programs would make the cut, but from the sound of Giddins, USC and USF figure to be two.

Giddins has been very impressed with the hometown Bulls - from the athletic facilities (which is the best he’s seen), to the coaches and to the chance to play in Raymond James Stadium. But, where the Bulls staff is making its mark is in the attention they’re showing toward the four-star prospect, who was recently rated the nation’s No. 98 prospect by Rivals.com.

“That means a lot to me because it shows they want me real bad,†Giddins said. “Any other school can do the same thing, but they’re not.â€Â

Giddins, and the rest of the Hawks players, will head to the University of Central Florida (another program that has offered) for a football camp next week. Giddins also will make an unofficial visit to North Carolina sometime in the next month.

Giddins added teammate Mywan Jackson, the Hawks’ rising senior quarterback, recently picked up an offer from Auburn, meaning Armwood’s top four prospects all have an offer from the Southeastern Conference school. Giddins, defensive back Angelo Hadley and linebacker Petey Smith, who is at Auburn this week with his brother, Eric, previously had been offered by the Tigers.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/giddins-gets-big-offer

Hope we can land him and a few of his teammates who are also high on USF. That would make a big statement.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't think we can pay him nearly as much as USC.

• Content Count:  526
  • Days Won:  0

just from a gut point standpoint...USC offers and our top recruits doesn't sit well with me

• Content Count:  4,879

Amazing that USF is in the running for this level of talent.

Hope he wants his family to see him play in person.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Amazing that USF is should be in the running for this level of talent.

• Content Count:  4,016

Amazing that USF is in the running for this level of talent.

USF has been in on him for a long time, and very consistent immediately.  He's probably been a top target for two years.  I can tell you Giddens went to games on his own last year, if USF is landing a top 100 player then it will probably be this kid.  They've made all the right moves with Giddens thus far, and he knows that he is USF's #1 defensive recruit.  Cal is one of the good guys when it comes to local coaches too so it is all set-up for USF to hopefully close the deal on this one.  Plus I hear Ryne wants to play in-state.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

hope we ge this kid. i think this is going to be the best class in our history as far as "stars" go

Archived