• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's Third Commit?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  0

Mama Bull, I see you are always on top of the recruiting information as well as other details. Do you happen to know who Scout says is our third commit?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Mama Bull, I see you are always on top of the recruiting information as well as other details. Do you happen to know who Scout says is our third commit?

Nope.

Maybe it's the same guy that Rivals has for our third commit, I Grant.

hes a good one...

He sure is. He's one of the BEST players we could have landed!

June 10, 2008

Marianna RB Battles commits to Bulls

USF has picked up its third commitment toward the 2009 recruiting class as Bradley Battles, a 5-foot-11, 190-pound running back from Marianna who is rated a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, committed to Bulls assistant Mike Canales on Monday night.

Battles, who rushed for 2,200 yards and 27 touchdowns as a junior, is rated as the No. 163 prospect in the nation according to Rivals, which has him as the No. 15 "athlete" in the country. Only 20 running backs are ranked higher nationally.

"It's a super pickup for South Florida," Marianna coach Rob Armstrong said. "He's a powerful runner, a good student, a good kid. He's the total package, for sure."

Battles also had scholarship offers from Louisville, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Kentucky and Purdue, and was being recruited by the likes of Auburn and Florida State, Armstrong said. Battles had 70 tackles on defense, but is expected to come to USF as a running back. Armstrong said his strength is how hard he runs, and how durable he has been in carrying the ball 275 times last season.

"He gets stronger as the game goes on," he said. "He's better on his 27th or 28th carry than he is on the first five carries."

Battles, whose commitment was first reported by USFnation.com, is the third player to commit to USF for 2009, joining Dunedin running back Adaris Bellamy and Tallahassee linebacker Chase Griffiths.

Posted by Greg Auman at 6:20:16 PM on June 10, 2008 | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

we are becoming RB U.

Yep.

The funny thing is that about a week ago, I made an obscure reference to him on the UL Rivals board in a thread about Bilal Powell.

Mama Bull

Post #1259

MyFanPage

Find Buddy Re: 2007: Doug Flutie ESPN on Bilal Powell "That Back is... Edit | Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a USF fan, I think I was the first one to come on here and congratulate you on getting Powell. I really wanted him, but USF thought he wouldn't qualify and didn't offer and got some other guys instead.

This year we will be in a battle with you for another RB, but I won't mention his name, as I promised I wouldn't. LOL

Posted on 6/4 4:39 PM | IP: Logged

;D ;D ;D

BRADLEYBATTLES2N08150.JPG

http://usf.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=81718

It's nice to see he's cancelled his trip to Gainesville and does not plan to take any more visits. So Florida can put that in their pipe and smoke it. LOL

Marianna RB commits

Posted By Brett McMurphy at Jun 10, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Updated Jun 10, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Marianna running back Bradley Battles, rated one of the nation’s top athletes by Rivals.com, verbally committed to the University of South Florida.

“I liked the school, I like the coaches and all that and the location,†Battles said. “I like the offense they run. I like [assistant] coach [Mike] Canales. I like him, he’s a coach I can live with.â€Â

As a junior, Battles (5-9, 179) earned Class 2A all-state honors after rushing for 2,098 yards, averaging 190 yards a game and 7.63 yards a carry. He also rushed for 23 touchdowns.

Battles said he also considered Kentucky, Wake Forest and Iowa State, but “USF was sticking out.†Battles also said he won’t make any visits to other schools this fall and cancelled a trip to Gainesville on June 16 for a Florida one-day camp.

Battles, who is USF’s third verbal commitment for 2009, is ranked as the nation’s No. 19 athlete by Rivals.com.

Battles said he committed early, so he could concentrate on his senior year. “Mainly, so I don’t have anything to worry about, just play my senior year and not worry about it,†he said. “I wanted to stay in the state of Florida.â€Â

Battles, who also plays defensive back in high school, said he was offered by USF as a running back. 

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/marianna-rb-commits/

Maybe Brett is smoking something because Rivals ranks him No. 15 athlete at the moment.  ;)

http://usf.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2133

Running of the Bulls 

Bradley Battles  By Burke Hayes

Southeastern Recruiting Manager

Posted Jun 10, 2008 

The South Florida Bulls have been recruiting relatively well this year but things picked up on Tuesday as Coach Jim Leavitt and Company picked up commitment number three.

The South Florida Bulls have been recruiting relatively well this year but things picked up on Tuesday as Coach Jim Leavitt and Company picked up commitment number three.

Marianna (FL) standout RB Bradley Battles pledged his services to the Bulls and they might have gotten one of this year's biggest steals. Battles is so diverse, multi-talented and competitive that they may have addressed two needs with one player...perhaps even more.

Paired with Dunedin (FL) workhorse Adaris Bellamy, Battles gives the Bulls one of the more potent tandems in this year's class.

Stay tuned for more on Battles and the Bulls of South Florida.

Burke Hayes is the Southeastern Regional Manager for Football Recruiting at Scout.

http://southflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=359&p=2&c=761291

• Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

We nowhave two 4 star commits and one 3 star commit forthe 2009 class (for anyone into those numbers).

Pretty **** good start to the classifyou ask me!  ;)

Archived