• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's Third Commit?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

More good news. Looks like one hell of a walk-on for us.. He was a co-captain at one of the best programs in the state.

He is Chase Geaney, a LB from Aquinas.

Aquinas linebacker Geaney to walk on at USF

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/06/aquinas-linebac.html

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

More good news. Looks like one hell of a walk-on for us.. He was a co-captain at one of the best programs in the state.

He is Chase Geaney, a LB from Aquinas.

Aquinas linebacker Geaney to walk on at USF

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/06/aquinas-linebac.html

We need to get some or all of his teammates. I suspect we will land at least one of them and very likely two.

856-aquinas12_sta12_MHS_AU.embedded.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

St. Thomas receiving trio getting college attention

http://www.miamiherald.com/recruiting/story/566588.html

Big pledge for South Florida with running back Bradley Battles (Jun11)

ESPN 150 Watch List prospect Bradley Battles has picked the Bulls over scholarship offers from Louisville, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Kentucky and Purdue, the St. Petersburg Times reports.

Programs such as Florida State and Auburn were also showing interest in the rising senior.

ESPN's Billy Tucker said of the verbal, "Jim Leavitt has done a great job building a nationally regarded program at USF by cleaning up on the residual talent passed over by the bigger Florida schools each year. Usually the Bulls land lesser known prospects in the Sunshine State that may be an inch too short or a tenth too slow in the 40 -- but are just excellent football players. The pickup of Battles is a great example."

"This kid may only check in at 5-foot-9, but he is compactly-built and just a tough, physical runner with deceptive in-line power and strength. Equally effective utilizing his quickness and burst to make defenders miss through the hole or bouncing it to the perimeter. He reaches top-speed quickly and has the extra gear and top-end speed to separate when he reaches the second level."

"A well-rounded back and potentially a featured workhorse for USF. Battles is a great in-state land for the Bulls in a year with a ton of talent at the position in Florida."

Last fall, Battles carried 275 times for 2,200 yards and 27 touchdowns while also making 70 tackles on defense.

View Full Briefing Room

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?page=briefingroom&recruitId=57244

Out To Prove Them Wrong

South Florida has built its successful program around in-state prospects who are deemed a bit too slow or small by Florida, Florida State or Miami. The Bulls continued the trend this week with a commitment from ESPN 150 Watch List prospect Bradley Battles (Marianna, Fla.), a highly talented running back/athlete from the Sunshine State who might make the big three question their decision to pass him over three or four years down the road.

"I wanted to stay in Florida, and South Florida was one of the first schools to recruit me an offer a scholarship," Battles said. "Florida was on me a little saying I should go to its camp, Florida State came to my school in the spring but never came back, and Miami has never shown any interest."

On film, Battles is a compact blend of speed, power and quickness. He reminds us of a shorter version of former Auburn RB Ronnie Brown. He accounted for 2,200 yards and 27 touchdowns while also making 70 tackles on defense last season.

"I think I have good power, quickness and vision through the hole," said the 5-foot-9 Battles. "There might be players just as good or better than me in college, but I am going to work and compete harder."

When asked if he had any ill feelings toward the Florida schools that passed up on him, Battles quickly responded,

"Oh yes, I'm definitely motivated to prove myself to those schools."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/notebook?page=peprally/080613

He will get his chance to prove himself.

Archived