• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Long Season????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

I want to optimistic as anyone else, but it looks like we may have a long season ahead of us.  It will be interesting to see how well the offense plays next week considering TCU gave up 70 points to Texas Tech.  If we get to a bowl this season that will be great.  However, we better be kicking ass next year when we join the Big East.  I am sure the respect will come when we get a QB who runs an awesome offense.

Guest wildrover

The failure of the coaching staff to make the necesary adjustments from our offensive weakness from last year is very disappointing.  I can't help but wonder?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

Next week will tell if it is to be a long season.  TCU got hammered and looked porous.  That is just what our offense needs.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

How did we fail to recruit a decent QB in the last three years?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

how much of this is coaching?

we knew we had these problems last year and did not seem to make great adjustments. we had a whole off season to retool and revamp or go in a different direction yet the problems persist. WHY?

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Re: Long Season???? Very!

Guest AstroBull

Hall and Crossley did well from what I heard of the game.  We should go to the I and start running the ball more.  With that we can go play action.  

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  164

how much of this is coaching?

I've been wondering this for a couple of seasons.  I'll admit I don't have any clue what the coaching side of football entails, but I have to wonder whether Leavitt and his crew are as good as people seem to think they are.  I guess my biggest concern is that while he may have been a great candidate for bringing a team into 1-AA and then making the jump to 1-A, is he really the person we need to continue our progress?

Maybe he is.  I don't know, and I won't lie and say I have enough experience with college football to make that kind of statement.  All I do know is that we've been around long enough that the "we're a new team" argument doesn't work.  Also, last time I checked, we haven't won a single game in which we were a big underdog.  As far as I'm concerned, a great team has to be able to do that.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I guess it's time I returned to the board full time.  I hate losing my password.

How is our coaching?  Let me take a stab at it.  Leavitt is every bit as good of a D coach as anyone has said.  The players are young in the secondary however and it shows.  If they can not be brought along its going to be tough.  A young D was allowed to be tired vs USC thanks to the offense.  Leavitt's D has been good for as long as I can remember, including last year.  But you need offense too.

Our offense without Marquel Blackwell has been nothing short of pathetic.  Older fans (prior to 2001) - Did we always run the spread?

Offense can not work without a balanced pass/run threat.  Our offensive coordinating and playcalling and execution (ALL 3!) have been short of acceptable for over a year.

Leavitt will a) CAN the OC and hire a new one or B) fail

It will be a long year because I'm used to my beloved bulls getting at least 7-9 wins, but without a turnaround that isn't going to happen this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

Conf. starts now and we NEED to be ready to WIN at tcu !

Go BULLS !!!