• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Long Season????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

OK...Theory...we have TCU coming up next...TCU was beaten like a dog by Texas Tech...SC was beaten by UGA and then turned around and WHOOPED our arses...Do not take TCU lightly...after an arse WHOOPING they just maybe looking for someone to take their frustations out on and that would be us.  

Just a theory guys just a theory.  I am concerned about this game.  And hey we are at .500...those Gnats are at .000.... ;D

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Our offense without Marquel Blackwell has been nothing short of pathetic.  Older fans (prior to 2001) - Did we always run the spread?

No - back in the I-AA days we ran something more vanilla, but I think that was due to the players we had at the time.

Hey, look at the bright side - we have Army at home!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

We have made a number of changes in the scheme this year.

Before this year, when was the last time you saw an I formation at USF? When Barnhardt was QB?  We are also running more than in the past -- capitalizing on Hall, Crossley, and the size of our OL.  We also used tight ends quite a bit both last night and against T Tech - tight ends!

Losing Fisher after recruiting may have been part of the problem -- but we will have some decent QB's next year.

To be sure there are still problems - how can you run the ball out of the shotgun?  how can you have receivers run patterns that are short of the first down marker? how can you not use play actions effectively? - -

Mike Hobbie has to be on the hot seat.  He makes the decisions to go deep on 3rd and 2... but it's really not all his fault.  PJ and RB simply can not execute.  They should be benched.  Gachette or Severino could not do any worse!! (Hey Coach Smith -- can you do something, PLEASE?!?!?)

Moreover, how on earth can we have THREE penalties on one kick off return?? The only "good" thing about that was that SC recovered a fumble on the same play, so they didn't count.  And why on earth is Trey Williams playing so much.  He was burned on two long TD passes AND he had a personal foul play that negated a GREAT return by Gipson.

Discipline is a problem.  Too bad CJL can't go back to two-a-days - darn NCAA regulations.

If USF doesn't turn this around soon - there will be problems.  A losing season before going to the Big East will have big problems on ticket sales.  A losing season before going to the Big East will have big problems on recruiting.

As Vince Lombardi said ... "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing" -- Amen.

Offensive Touchdowns: 2

Defensive Touchdowns: 1

Points for: 24

Points agains: 41

530 yards of offense for South Carolina

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Discipline is a problem.  Too bad CJL can't go back to two-a-days - darn NCAA regulations.

Normally I might agree with you, but it's been the same penalty problems plaguing us for years. You can't blame the kids for it.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

This could be a very long season if someone does not step up the plate and make a change in that play calling.  Our O-line must be pissed.  They gave the QB's protection last night and neither one of them took advantage of it.  When running plays were called, the running game was decent enough to not abandon it.  Stick with the run a little longer, MB is gone.  maybe we can keep our D rested.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Normally I might agree with you, but it's been the same penalty problems plaguing us for years. You can't blame the kids for it.

Mark, I might agree -- except that on the kickoff RIGHT AFTER halftime, there were three flags (one for holding, two for illegal blocking in the back).  I mean, I can imagine losing focus if you're tired - but on the kick for the 2nd half - after we went in with a 47 yd field goal!  C'mon.

Like I posted earlier - USF Football has problems with penalties; USF Basketball has problems with free throws.  It's a curse.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i know a thing or two about footall

and we need to scrap that ridiculous offense and bring in a new OC next year

in the meantime run the ball more

bring in louis g

spurrier will probably be back in gainesville