• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to turn up the heat on Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

(posted in the 2nd quarter of the Cocks game)

I'm sorry. I love the guy, like we all do, but it's time he starts getting some criticism(sp?).

Ronnie Banks is the worst college quarterback in the 110 yr history of college football. Really.

I dont know what kind of pictures he has or what kind of blackmail he has on Leavitt, but it must be substantial.

When the USF color commentator says "I'm sorry, but that's the worst pass I've ever seen......and I'm a former DB"......there's a problem.

We moved the ball well against the Cocks, running the ball. It's like we could put 5 or 6 plays together, moving forward, and then when it was up to our #1 Homeboy Ronnie Banks to make a......ONE.....play, he'd screw it all up.

Note to Leavitt: BENCH HIM. I never wanna see him on the field again. I dont care WHO comes in in his place, it's an upgrade.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

But... he does well in practice!  ::)

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

Agreed Shoop.  Time for the Alumni and boosters to step up and say something.

Guest wildrover

Success at the previous level doesn't equate to success at this level.  Things need to change, We Knew we had an offense problem last year, why wasn't it addressed?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I agree.  Be careful though.  If you say anything negative about CJL you get lambasted on this board.  I mentioned it in the chat and the "CJL" can do no wrong crowd" started foaming at the mouth.  These are the same people that think RMC did a great job last year.

We looked very unprepared for this game.  If teams like Troy, Fresno State et al can win big games, we should at least be able to be competetive.  We are not.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I'm not going to go that far, but it's about time to scrap the Marquel Blackwell offense. It's obvious we no longer have the personnel to run it, and our pass-pass-pass-punt possessions are leaving our defense out to dry.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

We definitely have some serious problems on offense.  In short, our offense is offensive.

I haven't had the opportunity to actually see us in reality yet this year, and will be looking at the TCU game very hard to see how critical I should actually be.

As of right now, i'm pretty critical.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

The coaching staff needs to adjust the scheme each year to the personnel - our staff has not.  

With inexperienced QB's, you shouldn't run a pass-happy spread offense.  This team's offensive strenghts are the O-Line and Crossley and Hall.  The QB should be under center, we should be establishing the run and then use play action passing.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  17

I think we're in trouble.  Is 3-8 out of the question?  At  this point, it is certainly possible.    :-/

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50

The problem is definitely the QB, but I think that we estabished that fact already.  The other problem is play calling.  The O.C. better start calling plays in schemes that the QB's can handle.  If he cannot improve the offense by season's end, he needs to be replaced.  We have the WRs, RBs, and OLs to run a great offense, but we are being hampered by the QB and coaching.

If Leavitt is the one calling plays then he needs to step back a bit and hire a new OC.  Leavitt's strength is defense.

Did Julmiste play at all?  (I turned off the game early out of disgust)  I am hoping Leavitt decided to hold Julmiste out so he can heal up more before conference play.  I can almot see Leavitt holding out Julmiste so he does not injure his leg even more than what it is now.

End Rant.