• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well the FIU game just got easier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Maybe I'm missing the joke.... I don't recall us playing FIU before....

we played FIU two years ago at Ray Jay and won the game 21-20.

and that win only came after a fumble recovery with about 3 minutes left in the 4th, and a last minute TD with 2 minutes left.

yeah, we were ALMOST the first team to lose to FIU since they jumped up to D1A.

Also, wasn't this the start of the Grothe campaign?  Didn't he come into the game in relief for Pat Julmiste and lead us to victory?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

and that win only came after a fumble recovery with about 3 minutes left in the 4th, and a last minute TD with 2 minutes left.

Also, wasn't this the start of the Grothe campaign?  Didn't he come into the game in relief for Pat Julmiste and lead us to victory?

Grothe came in in the middle of the McNeese St. game the week prior and led us to victory.

This game was Grothe's first start.

• Content Count:  9,759

Right.  I get those two games confused.  I was still living up in the ATL at that time and was unable to watch either of those games on TV.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

usf cant take them granted with usf's well documented history of losing to underdogs

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Right.  I get those two games confused.  I was still living up in the ATL at that time and was unable to watch either of those games on TV.

You missed Taurus Johnson making FIU look silly on a reverse and then catching the game winning TD pass.  Check out the video at 7:14.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442

Well.... that's about the best example of self inflicted stupidity I've seen in a while.... my apologies.... I was stuck in Colorado that season.

• Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

You missed Taurus Johnson making FIU look silly on a reverse and then catching the game winning TD pass.  Check out the video at 7:14.

I forgot about that highlight reel. No one should question Grothe's arm after watching that. He may not have a cannon, but if he can throw 30yd+ accurate passes on a rope like that he has all that is needed and more.

Watching those highlights and having rewatched several of the games from last year over the last couple weeks makes me wonder what was different. I don't know whether it was the new OC and the plays, the new QB coach forcing Grothe to change something, a plain old Soph slump, or a combination of everything, but I think most would agree that something was different between 2006 & 2007. Any other thoughts or opinions?

• Content Count:  937

The first two games of that season really pissed me off.. McNeese kept it close for a little.

• Content Count:  183

Seems to me like Matt was a little more accurate in 2006.  Hopefully this coming season will be his best yet  :)

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Seems to me like Matt was a little more accurate in 2006.  Hopefully this coming season will be his best yet  :)

yup... he had a better pass completion rate by almost 5%...  he had a 63.7% completion rate in 2006 compared to 59.2 last year.

of course, the competition last year was a little tougher than in 2006.

Archived