• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why does ESPN & other networks.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Use the "USF" logo and not the "U" when speaking about the Bulls? Was this a choice the school made or do the networks choose?

• Content Count:  12,293

i prefer the USF logo.  and i think it probably goes back to our AD wanting to be identified as USF as opposed to South Florida.

• Content Count:  809

maybe the rest of the country doesn't recognize the U just yet.

• Content Count:  971

I can affirm that one Auburn fan in the Publix parking lot in Columbus, GA knows all about the U.  Just last week he noticed the U decal on my rear window and went on and on about our game with them last year, our rise to #2, etc.  . . .  he was quite knowledgable actually.

• Content Count:  12,293

yea i met an auburn fan a few weeks ago and he brought up our game and you can tell that after we beat them, the auburn fans were really rooting for us the rest of the way.

its only natual though.  if we lost to tenn-martin (obviously not even comparable to us beating auburn) but still...IF we lost to them, we would want them to go on and win their FCS title

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

yea i met an auburn fan a few weeks ago and he brought up our game and you can tell that after we beat them, the auburn fans were really rooting for us the rest of the way.

its only natual though.  if we lost to tenn-martin (obviously not even comparable to us beating auburn) but still...IF we lost to them, we would want them to go on and win their FCS title

funny logic

• Content Count:  3,574

if we lost to Tenn-Martin, this board would go nuclear

No kidding.

• Content Count:  526

I'm not going to give ESPN too much of a hard time since they did give us a pretty sweet TV deal this coming season.  Obviously the higher ups at the company believe in us even if the low level writers don't.

• Content Count:  1,991

maybe the rest of the country doesn't recognize the U just yet.

If it is not displayed over & over & over & over & over & over again of course it is not going to  be recognized......It just seems like the "USF" never totally fits on the tv screen and the box next to the university name, always looks out of place to me wher the "U" is much smaller and would look better.

Archived