• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GOL Wikipedia Page

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Tell me this, "Gridiron God"... since you sound so sure that the Orlando Sentinel is sitting on information that would help exonerate O'Leary, or at least shed more light on his side of things.

Why hasn't O'Leary or UCF sent out a press release with this mysterious "hidden" information?  When did the Orlando Sentinel become O'Leary's only mouthpiece for defending himself?  For a paper with such an agenda against UCF (cough cough) he sure isn't trying to right his reputation by releasing the "truth" about what happened independently.

It's funny that you're so quick to condemn four kids whose educations depend on their anonymity, but you're willing to give GOL a pass for the "super secret info" the OS is supposedly sitting on.

First O'Leary wasn't there... then he WAS there but he didn't notice Ereck... then he DID notice Ereck, but only asked him what he had for breakfast.  Then four players contradicted that story.  Gee, something smells rotten in the state of Denmark to me...

First, I do think the Orlando Sentinel has an agenda against UCF, and that dates back from former coach that was a coach under Gene McDowell back in the 80's.  When you can tell me what the story about Steven Moffet had to do with anything, then maybe I will begin to look at it differently.  As I said, why not interview other ex players, other than Moffet, they clearly were looking for an angle and they got it.

I do condemn the four players, if there even were four players because until names are attached to them, it is nothing more than rumor.  As I said, how hard would it have been to find anyone to cooberate the story they told.  If they truely felt so strongly about this, why didn't they act at the time.  Tell me Eats It, have you ever coached a football team, I have.  If any of my players did something like this, it would take less than a day for it eventually to reach me as coach.  You have no idea the inner workings of a football team, if a player broke up with a girl at 12:00, the team knew about it by 3:00.  There is no way in hell that four players on that team went to the Orlando Sentinel and not one other player knows about it.  It would have gotten back to the coach and 99% of all players know this, which is why I have a hard time believing it happened the way the Sentinel is reporting it.

Where are you getting the story that Coach O'Leary said he was not there, from everything I read, he said he was there all along. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Then why couldn't the Sentinel find ONE single senior to coorberate the evidence of how tough life is under Coach O'Leary.

Because seniors, who have worked their asses off to become starters, don't want to risk being blackballed by the coaching staff and losing any playing time they may have EARNED... or worse, being kicked off the team.  Transferring in your last year is not an option.

And what does it say about the "four young men" that they are more concerned about hiding their identity than putting themselves on the record about a young mans death that somehow they saw coming but did nothing.

They said he "didn't look right".  I doubt they knew he was about to die.  I doubt O'Leary knew he was about to die.  I doubt the coaching staff knew either.  The point is those kids could tell something was wrong... why couldn't "father figure" O'Leary?  Oh yea, because he was too busy calling him a sorry sack of **** for not hustling.

I can't even tell you what my two Marine son's would say about such manhood.

This isn't the Marines... it's college football.  They catch an oblong ball for a living, not dodge bullets in a war zone. 

Your repeated comments regarding their manhood are quite typical from a UCF fan though... if you can't dispute their facts, attack their character.  Classy.  Never mind that they watched a teammate and friend die in front of them.

Why not find one player that was to transfer or one player that quit the team.

They did.  A former player, Steven Moffitt.  Or did you miss that... no wait, you couldn't have.  You probably led the character assassination effort towards him once he dared speak up and contradict UCF's version of Utopia.

I'm sure you and your sons would have given your name to the paper, got your picture taken, had lots of quotes, and then willingly gave up a year of eligibility to transfer to another school after being blackballed by the coaching staff... all in the name of your "manhood".

Don't fault the University for their practices of what happens in a young players death, it is not like there is a procedure for that.  I rememeber when it happend at USF last year, I remember when it happend to the FSU and UF player as well.  Each institution is a state entity and has to deal with things from the higher ups.  I would imagine that the staff is being told what to do and when to do it by someone well above their heads.

For the record (yet again)... I do not think O'Leary was at fault for what happened to Plancher.  I do not think the coaching staff was at fault.

I DO think there was some funny business going on that caused O'Leary and UCF to change their stories not one but THREE times... and then get indignant when the Orlando Sentinel starts digging for more facts.  Gasp, the nerve.

Because seniors, who have worked their asses off to become starters, don't want to risk being blackballed by the coaching staff and losing any playing time they may have EARNED... or worse, being kicked off the team.  Transferring in your last year is not an option.

I meant talk to a senior that just left the team about Coach O'Leary's treatment of players? 

They said he "didn't look right".  I doubt they knew he was about to die.  I doubt O'Leary knew he was about to die.  I doubt the coaching staff knew either.  The point is those kids could tell something was wrong... why couldn't "father figure" O'Leary?  Oh yea, because he was too busy calling him a sorry sack of **** for not hustling.

Eat's it, go to a USF practice and if you don't find the same thing, come back to me.

This isn't the Marines... it's college football.  They catch an oblong ball for a living, not dodge bullets in a war zone. 

Your repeated comments regarding their manhood are quite typical from a UCF fan though... if you can't dispute their facts, attack their character.  Classy.  Never mind that they watched a teammate and friend die in front of them.

First, I am not a UCF fan nor a USF fan although I just purchased season tickets to USF.  I am a retired football coach that knows what it takes to motive young men to play football.  And yes, I will attack the character of the players that don't want their name mentioned because they were man enough to attack the character of another man.  As you say, get a sack.  If you want to call out the coach, call him out, but do so the right way.  Those players could have gone to the NCAA, could have gone to the Conference, could have gone to acadmeic advisors, could have gone to the medical staff, could have gone to the TV news, but no, they went to the newspaper.  Do you think it is any easier for a coach to watch a player die in front of them, well you seem to.  For every thing you are challanging Coach O'Leary on, the same thing could be said about every coach that has had a player die on the practice field, including your own Coach Leavitt.

They did.  A former player, Steven Moffitt.  Or did you miss that... no wait, you couldn't have.  You probably led the character assassination effort towards him once he dared speak up and contradict UCF's version of Utopia.

I'm sure you and your sons would have given your name to the paper, got your picture taken, had lots of quotes, and then willingly gave up a year of eligibility to transfer to another school after being blackballed by the coaching staff... all in the name of your "manhood".

Yet they could have interviewed the star of the team Kevin Smith, they could have interviewed the kid that played hurt and gutty all year, Kyle Israel, they could have interviwed the player that Coach O'Leary turned an average high school offensive lineman into a NFL draft pick in Josh Sitton, yet they chose the kid that clearly did not live up to the hype.  Do you think that if I interviewed any of those eight players that left the USF team this past year, that I could not get some tough stories out of them?

Also, don't come here and start telling me about manhood, you clearly have no clue as to what that is.  Yes my sons would give their names to the papers as one of my sons had been hauled into a military court to testify about issues he has seen.  It is called responsibility, while you hide behind the term manhood, might I suggest you learn the meaning.  A man takes responsibility for his own actions.  A man is not afraid of losing a scholarhsip for speaking the truth, if in fact there was truth to what they were saying. 

For the record (yet again)... I do not think O'Leary was at fault for what happened to Plancher.  I do not think the coaching staff was at fault.

I DO think there was some funny business going on that caused O'Leary and UCF to change their stories not one but THREE times... and then get indignant when the Orlando Sentinel starts digging for more facts.  Gasp, the nerve.

Was Tribble at the practice, the answer no.  If I remember correctly the press conference was the same day that Erick passed away, basically hours after it happened.  Don't you think that Keith Tribble might not have all the fact of what went on basically three to four hours after Erick passed?  Do you think in those three or four hours that he could have done a complete investigation, the answer is no. 

Lets be honest here Eats it, your zelous behavior is nothing more than your hatred for UCF and Coach O'Leary.  I am no UCF fan, but I will defend any Coach that is being accused by players who will not step up.  You say they are afraid of losing their scholarships, I say BS.  If they think Coach O'Leary had anything to do with the death of Erick Plancher, why in hell would they want to play for him anyway.  Also, there is no doubt that the coaching staff will find out who it was, if it was any current player at all. 

Your sons wouldn't say **** about their manhood because those players' manhood didn't come into play here ..... and if there IS any glimpses into anybody's manhood here, the 4 players would come out just fine ... unlike the ones who wouldn't come forward even anonymously if this turns out to be true....

Hell, I'm not even sure you should bring up your Marine sons at all into this discussion. If Plancher was in the Marines and didn't die, he probably would have gotten a Code Red for being a slackard. The one place discipline is taken more seriously than sports is in the military.

And you still haven't given a reason why UCF is holding back the info that the OS is supposedly not revealing if it presents UCF in a more positive light ...

Well Tripple B, I hope to have my sons attend a couple of USF games with me this year, I invite you to ask them for yourself what they would do.

I would say the reason that UCF is not revealing what the OS did not print is simple, the lawyers for UCF has stepped in.  Why say anything until the final autopsy results have been published.  How do you explain this quote from the SP Times about Dorsey's death:

Tammie Dorsey declined to comment Tuesday through her attorney. Kevin Kalwary, an investigator with Cohen, Jayson and Foster, said she had contacted his firm in January, shortly after her son's death.

"She was frustrated at her inability to get answers ... from USF, from the medical examiner, from everyone, " Kalwary said. "We're trying to get those answers for her, and all I can say is we're investigating the case."

As it is, it took the Hillsborogh County Medical examiner nearly eight months to determine that Keely Dorsey dies of a disease that causes irregular heart rhythms.  The final autopsy report came out August 23rd.  Tell me Eats It and Tripple B, were you calling for an internal investigation from that.  Were you changing the Bio for Coach Leavitt to add that incident.

I just don't understand people like you that want to hang a guy because he coaches the other team. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

First, I am not a UCF fan nor a USF fan although I just purchased season tickets to USF. 

Well then you are good with me!  Hopefully by the end of this season you will be a USF fan.  They put an exciting product on the field.

Relax a bit, it is just a message board and these guys are just talking a bit of smack.  UCF fans used to come over here and run more trash than you could believe.  Beating them three times and last time 64 - 12 kinda put most of that to an end, but I think a few of our posters long for the good old days.  Don't take anything on here personal.

I meant talk to a senior that just left the team about Coach O'Leary's treatment of players?

In the same vein... how many seniors that just left O'Leary's team have stepped up to defend him?

Eat's it, go to a USF practice and if you don't find the same thing, come back to me.

I've been to roughly a dozen USF practices, and I see Leavitt overseeing the assistant coaches doing their jobs.  I've seen Burnham rip into some kids something fierce... then pick them up with a hug and a pep talk after chewing on their asses for a bit.  Somehow, O'Leary doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

For every thing you are challanging Coach O'Leary on, the same thing could be said about every coach that has had a player die on the practice field, including your own Coach Leavitt.

If you're a season ticket holder, he's your coach Leavitt too.  I smell a rat.  Regardless, Leavitt doesn't have a history of player abuse and covering up the truth.  O'Leary has both, and while he's most likely blameless for the former, there's definitely some covering up of something... what that is is up to the OS to uncover.

Was Tribble at the practice, the answer no.  If I remember correctly the press conference was the same day that Erick passed away, basically hours after it happened.  Don't you think that Keith Tribble might not have all the fact of what went on basically three to four hours after Erick passed?  Do you think in those three or four hours that he could have done a complete investigation, the answer is no.

Exactly.  In those three hours, someone was feeding him a line of ******** to cover up what really happened... or at least who was really there (NCAA violations, anyone?).  Once the facts came out... boy, backpedaling and new versions of "the truth" abound.

Lets be honest here Eats it, your zelous behavior is nothing more than your hatred for UCF and Coach O'Leary.

Not really, although I admit I'm not fond of either.

I am no UCF fan

Yes, you are.

I will defend any Coach that is being accused by players who will not step up.  You say they are afraid of losing their scholarships, I say BS.

Then you live in fantasy world, man. 

If they think Coach O'Leary had anything to do with the death of Erick Plancher, why in hell would they want to play for him anyway.  Also, there is no doubt that the coaching staff will find out who it was, if it was any current player at all.

They probably don't think that.  They do, I would imagine, think that the school and the coach are not being completely truthful about the events, and feel the need to right what they see as an injustice to the memory of Plancher.  To me, that takes more balls than remaining silent.  According to you, they still are at risk... I'm sure O'Leary has the manhunt on now to find the rat who dared cross him.

Coaching by fear and intimidation.  Gotta love it.  Don't worry about coaching the talent, just coach the discipline.  You were the most disciplined bunch of players I ever saw get waxed by 52 points last October.  Ten-HUT!  :D :D :D :D

First, I am not a UCF fan nor a USF fan although I just purchased season tickets to USF. 

By the way, if this is indeed true... let me know where you're sitting and I'll come buy you a beer.  Heck, two even.

I highly doubt it, though.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Dorsey died during a weightlifting session, not on the field.  I am not sure it makes a difference, just pointing out a fact.

Dorsey died during a weightlifting session, not on the field.  I am not sure it makes a difference, just pointing out a fact.

Also, it was a voluntary workout session.  Also, Leavitt wasn't there when he wasn't supposed to be.  Also, Leavitt was on a recruiting trip in West Palm Beach and wasn't running a practice he shouldn't have been at.  Also, Leavitt wasn't screaming at Keely calling him a sack of **** and criticizing his effort despite his inability to even lift his head.

Other than that, the same exact thing, yeah.  ::)

Guest pascobull

Just a question eats it:

Have you ever played football or another high level of a competitive sport?

It seems like you haven't because I got worked just as hard playing club soccer. Its called coaching. Its not going to be holding your hand throughout it.

You really need to let your hate go. Its not good for you. This is a terrible thing and continuing to say the stuff you do makes us all look bad.

Archived