• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GOL Wikipedia Page

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Who wants to update it with the Ereck Plancher controversy information?  I would, but I don't have the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_O%27Leary

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

You're a sick person for wanting anything to do with that.  Tell me, was Coach Leavitt's page udated with the untimely death of Mr. Dorsey? 

I suggest all you people who are enjoying this unfortunate situation get a clue and figure out what truely is important.

• Content Count:  2,239

Wow, Matt.  Don't give Randy ideas.  He's obsessed enough to do it.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Wow, Matt.  Don't give Randy ideas.  He's obsessed enough to do it.

You're a sick person for wanting anything to do with that.  Tell me, was Coach Leavitt's page udated with the untimely death of Mr. Dorsey? 

I suggest all you people who are enjoying this unfortunate situation get a clue and figure out what truely is important.

Not at all.  It's a newsworthy item in which there are conflicting stories of what happened.  Those stories directly involve GOL and include some pretty serious contradictions from GOL's players.  No such discrepancies existed with Leavitt when Keeley died.

I suggest you grow a sack.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Leavitt didn't have a known problem with telling "the truth" either. 

O'Leary's lack of credibility in that regard and his tough physical and mental treatment of players is not mixing well.

Not at all.  It's a newsworthy item in which there are conflicting stories of what happened.  Those stories directly involve GOL and include some pretty serious contradictions from GOL's players.  No such discrepancies existed with Leavitt when Keeley died.

Son, I imagine I am much older than you.  I also imagine that I served in Vietnam and you did not.  I imagine I coached the game of football for twenty years, you did not.  In this lifetime, I think what I have done clearly would signify that I have a "sack" unlike some puke like you that gets his "sack" off on the death of a player. 

What you call "newsworthy" I call typical BS from a newspaper.  I would consider myself in the same coaching style as Coach O'Leary and there were plenty of times that my players collapsed due to many things on the the practice field.  I find myself very fortunate that this did not happen to me, but it very well could have and I am not so arrogant to think it could not have happened to me as 99% of every coach I have ever known does the same drills, yells at players and works his players hard.  You say that there are contradcitions from Coach O'Leary's account and the players.  Well since Coach O'Leary is the only one with his name on the record, I will believe Coach O'Leary.  It is easy to throw mud at someone from behind wall, much like you are doing to Coach O'Leary hiding behind a message board.  I would say the same thing to any idiot UCF fan that would try this crap on Coach Leavitt, you have no clue what it is to coach anything.

How about this, grow a sack and go visit Coach O'Leary the next time he is in your area and ask him for yourself about the discrepancies in the stories.  Something tells me you don't have a sack at all.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Son, I imagine I am much older than you.  I also imagine that I served in Vietnam and you did not.  I imagine I coached the game of football for twenty years, you did not. 

What you call "newsworthy" I call typical BS from a newspaper.  I would consider myself in the same coaching style as Coach O'Leary

So then what you really mean is that you are about the same age as eats it, you once met a guy who served in Vietnam, and you have watched Football on television for at least 10 years.

As far as updating a wikipage, why don't you guys let UCF and O'Leary fans manage his own wikipage.  It doesn't appear to me the GOL has done anything wrong in the Plancher situation. 

Son, I imagine I am much older than you.  I also imagine that I served in Vietnam and you did not.  I imagine I coached the game of football for twenty years, you did not. 

What you call "newsworthy" I call typical BS from a newspaper.  I would consider myself in the same coaching style as Coach O'Leary

So then what you really mean is that you are about the same age as eats it, you once met a guy who served in Vietnam, and you have watched Football on television for at least 10 years.

As far as updating a wikipage, why don't you guys let UCF and O'Leary fans manage his own wikipage.  It doesn't appear to me the GOL has done anything wrong in the Plancher situation. 

You are right in assuming that anyone can write anything on these boards, and yes I agree with you on leaving his bio alone.  For him to tell me to get a "sack" because I question why anyone would think there is any reason to attack anyone until all the facts are in is why I said what I said.  I am proud of my two tours in Vietnam, proud that I raised three great young men, two who are currently Marines and the third is a football coach in the southwest florida area, which is why I moved here in the first place.  I am proud that I was able to coach some great young men for nearly twenty years.  To attack anyone in these cirumstances is pure ignorance.  Those that are attacking Coach O'Leary are doing so based upon the words of a sports writer who will not name his/her sources.  Again, that is chickenshit in my mind.  What are the players afraid of, these are not high school kids, they are young men, whom at their age, two of my sons were dodging bullets in Afghanistan. 

You are right in assuming that anyone can write anything on these boards, and yes I agree with you on leaving his bio alone.  For him to tell me to get a "sack" because I question why anyone would think there is any reason to attack anyone until all the facts are in is why I said what I said.  I am proud of my two tours in Vietnam, proud that I raised three great young men, two who are currently Marines and the third is a football coach in the southwest florida area, which is why I moved here in the first place.  I am proud that I was able to coach some great young men for nearly twenty years.  To attack anyone in these cirumstances is pure ignorance.  Those that are attacking Coach O'Leary are doing so based upon the words of a sports writer who will not name his/her sources.  Again, that is chickenshit in my mind.  What are the players afraid of, these are not high school kids, they are young men, whom at their age, two of my sons were dodging bullets in Afghanistan. 

Who said I was going to "attack" him?  I merely advocated (check this post and show me where I offered even a hint of attacking) updating the page with the events of the story thus far.  Whether you feel that the elements of this story are newsworthy or not doesn't change the fact that they are.

Guess what?  He's a chronic liar with a history of player abuse.  This story has legs, and regardless of whether or not you identify with his coaching style, it's a worthwhile story and should be chronicled as such.

Congratulations and thank you for serving our country in Vietnam... I'd expect someone who's been through what you have to have a little bit of a thicker skin regarding the news.  Regarding the anonymous sources... remember that anonymous sources brought down Nixon during Watergate.  Should those (100% accurate) sources have been thrown aside because they sought to reveal a wrongdoing while protecting their names?  I have zero problem with the kids (who are receiving a full scholarship at a good school) trying to protect their situation and their future through anonymity. 

My sack comment stands.  I thank you for serving this great country and for the sacrifice you stood to make with your boys... but harden up a bit, guy.

Archived