• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All I have to say is WOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Difton did well at the Nike Miami camp:

Among an incredibly deep group of wide receivers, Every found three players in particular that stood out, one of which was only a sophomore.

"At about 6 feet 2.5 and 171 pounds or so, Ted Meline needs to add some weight, but he has incredible hands," Every said about the 2010 prospect. "He caught everything with his hands."

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Duron Carter had an impressive day at the event but his teammate Dwayne Difton, an early South Florida commit, also caught the eye of Every due to his speed and athleticism.

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=794460

We are also recruiting standout Soph WR Ted Meline.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

carter looks like sideshow bob

• Content Count:  622

carter looks like sideshow bob

lol.. now every time I see his pic i will think of the simpsons..

• Content Count:  526

Pictures from the New Level Passing Camp of interest to me, courtesy of Scout.com(free content).....

WOW! Orson Charles looks frail as hell....

536571.jpg

WOW! Duron Carter looks short as hell vs 6-6 Gabe Holmes...

536560.jpg

WOW! Petey Smith looks fat as hell, no excuses. He's the one to the left...

FYI...Dwayne Difton is the one kneeling down...Hell Yea!!

536637.jpg

Difton is the one standing on the other side of Petey not the kid sitting down pointing.

Petey is overrated, amazing as a soph just like his brother but neither developed as much after that and both had injuries that hurt their development.  There is no excuse for Petey looking that out of shape unless he's got plans to move to DT.

Thanks for correcting me on Difton but regardless i'm really stoked about him. 

I completely agree with you about Petey...unexcusable!  I would be very scared to sign that him cuz he doesn't seem too serious about his fb career.  I'll be back on his bandwagon if he loses 20 lbs and has a stud senior year.  He's a wait and see for me, even though we've already offered him a scholarship.

• Content Count:  563

from JAMIE NEWBERG on A.Bellamy...

Saw him play in the opening game of his junior year against my alma mater (Boca Ciega).  He's a good one that I forgot to add to that list.  Likely high 3, low 4.  There are sooooo many backs in Fla this season

• Content Count:  4,642

from JAMIE NEWBERG on A.Bellamy...

Saw him play in the opening game of his junior year against my alma mater (Boca Ciega).  He's a good one that I forgot to add to that list.  Likely high 3, low 4.  There are sooooo many backs in Fla this season

then i'm glad we got one of the best at running inside.  we could use him ASAP for clock management situations.  can he be our Ray Rice?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Florida 7on7 All Tournament Team

Second Team

RB Adaris Bellamy -- While considered more of an inside runner, Bellamy showed off tremendous hands all day.

WR Dwayne Difton -- The smaller but more explosive St. Thomas Aquinas receiver, Difton had a big day and committed to USF afterwards.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/744618.html

I think Bellamy is a solid pick-up but i'm not completely sold on him. I think that for our style of play that Difton is a better pick-up.  Most running backs today have pure, unrelenting speed.  Which he doesn't have.  He's more of a bruiser...which i'll take of course.  However the last truly great bruiser was Ron Dayne(Heisman)..umpteen years ago, and he had a much better O line to play with.

I think the coaches are doing good by recruiting another back like Rodney Scott.  He's more of a pure runner and would be a great fit for us.

Since Newberg mentioned it.  The best running backs in the state are....

The running backs are equally as impressive with Lamar Miller, Miami Killian, Adarius Bellamy, 5-9, 205, Dunedin, Lonnie Pryor, 6-0, 185, Okeechobee, Mike Gillislee, DeLand, Jarvis Giles, Tampa Gaither, James Washington, 6-0, 175, Orlando Boone, Jamaal Berry, 5-11, 190, Miami Palmetto, Jeremy Gallon, 5-9, 165, Apopka, Antonio Miles, 5-11, 190, Altamonte Springs Lake Brantley, Deschion Baskerville, 5-10, 180, Neptune Beach Fletcher, Trent Richardson, 5-11, 205, Pensacola Escambia, Ben Axon, 6-1, 205, Bradenton Manatee, DeShaun Sands, 5-8, 175, Coconut Creek Monarch, Trabis Ward, 5-10, 200, Fort Lauderdale Dillard, Greg Pratt, 5-9, 170, Naples, Vincent Smith, 5-10, 180, Pahokee, Stephen Barnett, 6-1, 180, Jacksonville Bolles, Cody Large, 5-10, 193, Orlando Pine Castle Christian, Austin Lewis, 5-10, 175, Jupiter Christian, David Wilson, 5-10, 190, Lakeland Victory Christian, Rodney Scott, 5-9, 175, Cross City Dixie County, Chris Thompson, 5-9, 180 and Cory Akins, 6-0, 190, Madison County, Bradley Battles, 6-1, 190, Marianna and Xavier Blake, 6-1, 185, Fort White.

• Content Count:  563

I think you have it wrong..Look at our last few RBs..

Ford- 230

Kelly- 240

Taylor - is up to 215-220

Butler - 180 ( moved to CB )

Murray - 205

and now Bellamy

I can see a diff trend coming along .

If the staff offered him, and accepted his commitment this early, I "LOVE" the pick up .

You know we had a few 3-star players commit last year, deep into the recruiting season, but their commits wasnt accepted .

I think we are moving towards bigger backs .

I think you have it wrong..Look at our last few RBs..

Ford- 230

Kelly- 240

Taylor - is up to 215-220

Butler - 180 ( moved to CB )

Murray - 205

and now Bellamy

I can see a diff trend coming along .

If the staff offered him, and accepted his commitment this early, I "LOVE" the pick up .

You know we had a few 3-star players commit last year, deep into the recruiting season, but their commits wasnt accepted .

I think we are moving towards bigger backs .

I do like the pick up as well.  I'm just saying he may not be fast or quick enough to start for us.  You can't really compare Ford with Bellamy cuz he even said he was too big at 230.  He's now down to 220 and we all now he is fast and quick.  All you have to do is see his videos from high school.

Again, i'm not saying that Bellamy isn't wanted from my part.  Just that I'm glad we are going after faster guys and that I actually likes Difton better for us.  Just MHO.

Archived