• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Win the BE or else . . . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

I disagree that USF has a chance at the Gator Bowl. USF does not travel well -- YET!

USF won't sell more than 2,000 tickets to NC State... we sold less than 4,000 to Auburn.  For the MCC and PJC bowls it was around 4500 each ("sold" - not including band, staff, etc)...

USF couldn't sell 12,000 - 15,00 Gator Bowl tickets... our fan base just isn't there yet.

I disagree...

In fact...look at the scenarios we have been put in.  We brought almost as many fans to the Sun Bowl as we brought to the PJ.crap Bowl.  That says something...because the Sun Bowl was 3x's as far.  Imagine if we had gone to the gator bowl this year.  I GUARANTEE YOU THAT WE COULD HIT 12-15K SOLD.  No doubt...

The only reason we brought about 4k to El Paso was because it was in El Paso.  We upped our attendance by 25k this year.  There is more of a BUZZ for USF Football than ever before.  If we get BCS, then we WILL sell our allotment.  Guaranteed!

The Gator Bowl would have sold well for USF.  We are at the point right now that close regular season games and esp. Bowl games, can be very well attended.  Look at FAU....we had like 10-11k there and you are telling me that we couldn't get 10-12k to the GATOR BOWL in JACKSONVILLE?!?!?!

J-ville is CLOSER than Ft Lauderdale!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I disagree that USF has a chance at the Gator Bowl. USF does not travel well -- YET!

USF won't sell more than 2,000 tickets to NC State... we sold less than 4,000 to Auburn.  For the MCC and PJC bowls it was around 4500 each ("sold" - not including band, staff, etc)...

USF couldn't sell 12,000 - 15,00 Gator Bowl tickets... our fan base just isn't there yet.

I disagree...

In fact...look at the scenarios we have been put in.  We brought almost as many fans to the Sun Bowl as we brought to the PJ.crap Bowl.  That says something...because the Sun Bowl was 3x's as far.  Imagine if we had gone to the gator bowl this year.  I GUARANTEE YOU THAT WE COULD HIT 12-15K SOLD.  No doubt...

The only reason we brought about 4k to El Paso was because it was in El Paso.  We upped our attendance by 25k this year.  There is more of a BUZZ for USF Football than ever before.  If we get BCS, then we WILL sell our allotment.  Guaranteed!

The Gator Bowl would have sold well for USF.  We are at the point right now that close regular season games and esp. Bowl games, can be very well attended.  Look at FAU....we had like 10-11k there and you are telling me that we couldn't get 10-12k to the GATOR BOWL in JACKSONVILLE?!?!?!

J-ville is CLOSER than Ft Lauderdale!!!

GO BULLS!!!

I agree.  We would sell very well to the Gator after a great year. 

• Content Count:  526

Notre Dame wont be bowl eligible so you can exclude them.  

I'm not ready to make that ascertian just yet.  Just like stocks, I don't predict future performance based on previous performance.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I think Brett is a bit off on this one.  If USF has an impressive season with high average attendance and comes in a close second in the BE I think they have a good shot at making the Gator Bowl.  Notre Dame wont be bowl eligible so you can exclude them.  It is possible the Gator Bowl would want to save its Notre Dame/BE pick for next year but if USF has high attendance and is ranked I think it would be hard for the Gator Bowl to pass that up.

Also USF travels to NC State this year so if those numbers are decent I think they would have a good chance at the car care bowl.  Certainly if we drop into the lower BE bowls (which to be frank, suck) a game in St. Pete would be likely.

If Notre Dame is eligible for the Gator that is where they will land.  Doesn't NBC televise the Gator Bowl?  That is the Irish's network.  Irish could go 8-4 (ambye even 9-3) this year with the weak schedule they have.  Its alot easier than last year.  I don't even think its much of a stretch to see them in Jax, like some on this board.  Check out their schedule when you get a chance.

If USF is 9-3 and ND is 8-4, guess who the Gator Bowl will select?

• Content Count:  937

ND will definitly be in a bowl this year...

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

There is a difference between a 20 ticket in Ft. Lauderdale and a 80 ticket in Jacksonville.

I do think we can ge close to 10-12k though. The problem I the Gator Bowl wants that and some, and teams like ND, Rutgers, WVU, and even Louisville have proven they will get that.

USF is not a good traveling team...yet.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I'm not ready to make that ascertian just yet.  Just like stocks, I don't predict future performance based on previous performance.

previous performance is a great indicator of future performance

what else would you base it on?  speculation?

• Content Count:  526

previous performance is a great indicator of future performance

what else would you base it on?   speculation?

Of course you don't get what I said.  I won't even bother to explain it to you.  Maybe you should've taken business classes or, if you have, retake them.

So, when will the LA Clippers win the NBA title... or Baylor make it to the BCS... or the Rays win the AL penant??

Unlike stocks, there is some basis for basing future performance on the past -- the teams will be similar year-to-year (75%+ of all players return year to year, and coaches stay as well).

To be sure, it may be rather bold to make this assertion, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Now, JoeB has some good points about Notre Dame's schedule... it's a bit easier this year than last. Although the team has not proven it has the ability.  I think ND can go anywhere from 3-9 to 9-3...

Probable wins: vs San Diego State, vs Stanford, @ UNC

Probable losses: vs Michigan, @ BC, @ USC

Toss-ups: @ Michigan State, vs Purdue, @ Washington, vs Pitt, vs Navy, vs Syracuse

If they get to 8 wins, they will be in Jacksonville... might be hard for a 7-5 ND team to be picked over a 9-3 Big East team...

But here's one last Gator Bowl thought. When they pick the next Big 12, they can take the #2 team (first selection after the BCS) if the Big 12 doesn't get 2 BCS bids.  This year that is a good possibility -- so would the Gator Bowl take an 8-4 Notre Dame team over, say an 11-2 or 10-3 Texas or Oklahoma?

If ND goes 8-4 this year, they could be even better next year...

• Content Count:  4,501

So, when will the LA Clippers win the NBA title... or Baylor make it to the BCS... or the Rays win the AL penant??

Unlike stocks, there is some basis for basing future performance on the past -- the teams will be similar year-to-year (75%+ of all players return year to year, and coaches stay as well).

To be sure, it may be rather bold to make this assertion, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Now, JoeB has some good points about Notre Dame's schedule... it's a bit easier this year than last. Although the team has not proven it has the ability.  I think ND can go anywhere from 3-9 to 9-3...

Probable wins: vs San Diego State, vs Stanford, @ UNC

Probable losses: vs Michigan, @ BC, @ USC

Toss-ups: @ Michigan State, vs Purdue, @ Washington, vs Pitt, vs Navy, vs Syracuse

If they get to 8 wins, they will be in Jacksonville... might be hard for a 7-5 ND team to be picked over a 9-3 Big East team...

But here's one last Gator Bowl thought. When they pick the next Big 12, they can take the #2 team (first selection after the BCS) if the Big 12 doesn't get 2 BCS bids.  This year that is a good possibility -- so would the Gator Bowl take an 8-4 Notre Dame team over, say an 11-2 or 10-3 Texas or Oklahoma?

If ND goes 8-4 this year, they could be even better next year...

Are you q-crazyyyyy  Jim ?  ND beat mighty Stanford - the team that whopped Almighty USC  LOL.  j/k  but I love everyones speculation about schedules, match-ups,wins and bowl games and we haven't even had the spring game yet.

Based on the big dance picks I don't have much faith in anyones crystal ball speculation and "Thats why they play the games".

Archived