• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

T.E.Trent Popello- Will he have to sit a year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He would have to sit out unless he is granted a hardship waiver. He originally indicated he would apply for such a waiver, but I don't know if he ever did.

• Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

In the 3/25 spring practice update I believe that it said they did move him back over to TE. They're probably just looking at him on both sides. I bet he's a beast as a TE. Certainly a "go to" guy in the red zone I would think.

• Content Count:  407

I hope he can play. This kid is a beast! Would be a major asset to the offense.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Solid player who ws 4th on UF'S roster at TE. Not sure he'l play in 08

• Content Count:  526

I thinks hes a player we can definately use even if its as a back up.  But I don't think he will be playing this year.  Hope I'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  171

I would love to know the transfer rules.

I assume he will have to sit out since Moody had to sit out when he transferred from USC to Florida.

Are the baseball rules different?  We are playing two kids Lockwood (Florida) and Malley (Ohio State) who were at other schools and didn't sit out a year.  Did they get some kind of special waivers?

• Content Count:  827

I would love to know the transfer rules.

I assume he will have to sit out since Moody had to sit out when he transferred from USC to Florida.

Are the baseball rules different?  We are playing two kids Lockwood (Florida) and Malley (Ohio State) who were at other schools and didn't sit out a year.  Did they get some kind of special waivers?

Baseball has always had a different rule regarding transfer's. This past year was the last year you could do that. I am 99% sure that is no longer the case and transfer's now have to sit out a year in baseball.

• Content Count:  749
  • Days Won:  1

Pupelo will be rockin green and gold this fall

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

Pupello receives NCAA waiver

Posted April 25, 2008 by Brett McMurphy

Updated Apr 25, 2008 at 08:22 PM

University of South Florida sophomore TE/DL Trent Pupello received an NCAA hardship waiver and will be eligible this fall.

Pupello, who played at Jefferson, transferred from the University of Florida. He will have three years of eligibility: 2008, 2009 and 2010.

When he transferred to USF in November, his father Joe Pupello said the reason was: “residing in Tampa to take care of a personal family situation played a big role in his decision to transfer.â€Â

Pupello played at Jefferson for Mike Simmonds, who is USF’s offensive line coach.

Pupello is the latest in a long line of transfers to USF that received an NCAA hardship waiver and were not required to sit out the mandatory transfer season.

Archived