• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hopefully Dwan McMillan will be good enough to be mentioned....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

...in the same sentence as Chucky Atkins, but for those of you worried about Dwan not being 'big' enough to compete in the BigEast, he looks and is built alot like Chucky.

Chucky-Atkins-Headshot.gif

dwan_mcmillan_st_bens.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

...in the same sentence as Chucky Atkins, but for those of you worried about Dwan not being 'big' enough to compete in the BigEast, he looks and is built alot like Chucky.

Chucky-Atkins-Headshot.gif

dwan_mcmillan_st_bens.jpg

Now he just needs to play like Chucky before we start drawing comparison.

nobody has made a comparison based on ability....so your point woud be....?

• Content Count:  19,229

There have been plenty of good smaller players... lets just see what he can do.  I don't care his size, if he can play.

There have been plenty of good smaller players... lets just see what he can do.  I don't care his size, if he can play.

agree....but some are already bashing the kid b/c he is not big enough.

• Content Count:  76

Heres some comments from him

"My quickness is my strength," McMillan said. "I make my teammates better. USF's Dominique Jones, Jesus Verdejo and Mike Mercer - them dudes are going to love me. I want to lead the Big East in assists and steals. That's my goal."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/mar/25/sp-nj-point-guard-commits-to-usf/

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Let's put some things in perspective here.  This kid was the starting PG for the #2 High School team in the country.  He was the leader on a team that was 24-1 with the only loss being to St. Anthony's, the number 1 team in the country.  Probably the most competitive HS BB league in the country. St. Anthony's  is 32-0.  Between the 2 schools I believe they put 8 kids into major college BB programs.  I think 2 or 3 of them were McDonalds All Americans.

This kid has major leadership skills and knows how to play and win against BE caliber players.  He has been doing it for most of his BB life.  He is coming into the program with experience against big time competition. 

This is a tremendous pick up for Heath.

• Content Count:  349

Let's put some things in perspective here.  This kid was the starting PG for the #2 High School team in the country.  He was the leader on a team that was 24-1 with the only loss being to St. Anthony's in the NJ HS finals. Probably the most competitive HS BB league in the country. St. Anthony's  is 32-0.  between the 2 schools I believe they put 8 kids into major college BB programs.  I think 2 or 3 of them were McDonalds All Americans.

This kid has major leadership skills and knows how to play and win against BE caliber players.  He has been doing it for most of his BB life.  He is coming into the program with experience against big time competition. 

This is a tremendous pick up for Heath.

He sure sounds like it... in his comments he shows a little ego, but that's good as long as it doesn't get out of control.

Oh, and with those 8 players between the two teams going into major programs... aren't 6-7 of them going to Big East schools?

• Content Count:  919

So excited about McMillan!  Gotta love that attitude.  That is exactly what is needed from a PG.  Hopefully he will alos take pride in defense and stopping penetration as well.

• Content Count:  19,229

Heres some comments from him

"My quickness is my strength," McMillan said. "I make my teammates better. USF's Dominique Jones, Jesus Verdejo and Mike Mercer - them dudes are going to love me. I want to lead the Big East in assists and steals. That's my goal."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/mar/25/sp-nj-point-guard-commits-to-usf/

I love the confidence.

Archived