• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mens BBall gets Commitment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

54th best hoopster in Philly/South Jersey is to the the 54th best Florida hoopster what 54th best football prospect in SW Florida is to the 54th best football player in the entire state of New Jersey . . . a cut above.

Anyone on this board that sticks up for FL high school basketball as a national power needs to check their ego at the door.  If they can't check their ego, they need to change the subject to football.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Anyone on this board that sticks up for FL high school basketball as a national power needs to check their ego at the door.  If they can't check their ego, they need to change the subject to football.

This started with ba's comment that "the 54 rated kid from Philly would own the Florida courts in any city in the state". That is totally absurd .... especially if Teague is that player..... unless you're talking middle school courts.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

nice size.  he'll probably be able to contribute right away with all the players leaving.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Tracey McGrady, Vince Carter, Amare Staudamire, Udonis Haslem, and Steve Blake would give most states or cities a run for their money, but Florida is far from a powerhouse in basketball.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Tracey McGrady, Vince Carter, Amare Staudamire, Udonis Haslem, and Steve Blake would give most states or cities a run for their money, but Florida is far from a powerhouse in basketball.

I love those guys.  Especially Stoudamire.

BTW, I do not think FL HS hoops is crap.  It is what it is - basketball in a football state.

Blue chip football players aside, the reason Rutgers, all MAC teams as well as most Big 10 teams come to FL to poach high school football 2 and 3 star players is because those players earned those 2 or 3 stars in a better-organized football league.  FL high school football infrastructure, coaching and competition during games is second to none.  I don't give a **** what Rivals, Scout or their apologists say, a FL HS 2 star is simply more valuable than a 2 star from upstate New York .

The same is true of HS basketball in areas up east.  It is just better organized, with better coaching and the level of competition is better.  Watch the tape on Teague again.  A couple of those games look like nobody on the court is shorter than 6'2".  Then go to your local high schools game tonight and watch your dentist's 5'10" tall son dump in 5 pts. and  3 assts. in 30 minutes from the 2 guard position.

I love the fact we are taking a flier on Teague for the same reason I shake my head in disgust when RU football puts a billboard up in Florida.

Archived