• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAFL cancelled

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

too bad

never get enough of football

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

if you really wanna watch former college players who never made it to the big leagues....just watch ESPN classic, there's always a bunch of old college football games on to watch.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

I can look past the Gator colors and Gator-centric marketing. What some of our fans fail to realize is this was another outlet for former USF players to get on the field, make a little money, and possibly extend their careers.

Tell me how that is a bad thing exactly?

If you have no interest-- fine-- don't worry about going. But I would have given it a look just to watch some of our guys strap on a helmet again.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The orange and blue marketing was genius. You want a professional spring league to work? Gear it towards the biggest fanbase we have in the state.

I would have liked watching it, but I don't see the necessity to fill thw void

on paper-- I bet this concept looked brilliant. In practice, not so much. Most of the players those fans want to see are playing in the NFL. I think that is why they call it glory days. Those days are over unfortunately for some really interesting players.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The orange and blue marketing was genius. You want a professional spring league to work? Gear it towards the biggest fanbase we have in the state.

Apparently not, since the league didn't work, is all but folded, and ticket sales in Florida lagged to the point that it was going to be a traveling show.  :)

I see where they were going with it, but they alienated fans of most other schools.

The good news is that we don't need to hear the TSA drone on and on about how the AAFL and USF are "two tenants they just love".

• Content Count:  996

Yeah, they have really screwed over the guys who were going to play now too.  Most of the guys took leave of absences from their job...were coming in from out of state...and all kinds of stuff.  The worst part is they haven't told the players anything for sure.  So, they are in limbo waiting to hear.  One of my friends was supposed to be coming from Wisconsin...he made travel plans, took off from work...all kinds of stuff.  It sucks for the players. 

PLUS....guess how much they were gonna make for that 10 week period.  $50,000.  That is a lot of money for such a short time.  If they made the playoffs, the could get up to $75,000 and if they won it all, they could get up to $100,000.  So they were counting on this money...

Sad situation, but its prolly better that it happened now..  idk.

-Gurly

Apparently not, since the league didn't work, is all but folded, and ticket sales in Florida lagged to the point that it was going to be a traveling show.   :)

I see where they were going with it, but they alienated fans of most other schools.

[glow=red,2,300]The good news is that we don't need to hear the TSA drone on and on about how the AAFL[/glow] and USF are "two tenants they just love".

The Florida team was going to play in the Swamp-- I don't recall any plans to use RJS.

• Content Count:  996

They had one game at Ray Jay and one game in JVille, the rest at the swamp

They had one game at Ray Jay and one game in JVille, the rest at the swamp

oh-- my bad

except for the fact that they would never be playing during our season