• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question about OCS's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

I think it might be decided by the University. But, I don't think there's a single OCS in Florida that serves beer.

As much as I love drinking beer at sporting events, I stand behind NOT serving beer at an OCS.

When I used to go to home games at Doak @ FSU, everyone just got extremely hammered outside of the stadium. Well, extremely is an understatement.

Unless they build an in-stadium hospital for fans (to pump students stomaches from too much alcohol), then they should NOT sell beer on the OCS(if there ever is one)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Some conferences have rules regarding the sales of alcohol at events, and in situations where the conference allows it, the universities themselves have stepped in and established rules.  Given that we sell beer at on campus sporting events already, and at the football games off campus, I expect that we would sell beer at an OCS (at least in the beginning).

• Content Count:  2,461

I think it might be decided by the University. But, I don't think there's a single OCS in Florida that serves beer.

As much as I love drinking beer at sporting events, I stand behind NOT serving beer at an OCS.

When I used to go to home games at Doak @ FSU, everyone just got extremely hammered outside of the stadium. Well, extremely is an understatement.

Unless they build an in-stadium hospital for fans (to pump students stomaches from too much alcohol), then they should NOT sell beer on the OCS(if there ever is one)

Yeah, I mean, imagine what it would be like if we had a stadium and they sold beer inside. What kind of craziness would happen. Man.

RichRodHotDog.jpg

(btw I don't know who made this - but it is awesome)

Guest pascobull

Honestly it would be for the better if we didn't. Drink before the game and use those 3 hours to sober up so you can drive home without killing people.

• Content Count:  526

Honestly it would be for the better if we didn't. Drink before the game and use those 3 hours to sober up so you can drive home without killing people.

I want to recognize your first post pasco, very nice!

I disagree, maybe cuz i'm a conservative, but I say serve beer and make the money.  Everyone is responsible for their own well being.  I wouldn't care if we stopped serving beer prior to the 4th quarter starting but not altogether.  Don't drink if you can't limit yourself.

Guest pascobull

I want to recognize your first post pasco, very nice!

I disagree, maybe cuz i'm a conservative, but I say serve beer and make the money.  Everyone is responsible for their own well being.  I wouldn't care if we stopped serving beer prior to the 4th quarter starting but not altogether.  Don't drink if you can't limit yourself.

I know I won't change any minds but what the heck. I know you and I and many others can regulate but there are still plenty of people who don't have that mechanism. I will always have to err on the side of caution if it could potentially save lives at the cost of additional "fun."

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree with you Pasco.

I've said I before the NCAA has proposed legislation to ban alcohol at all their events. It will eventually get to the table and probably pass.

Since th majority of all large schools don't serve alcohol either because they're not allowed by conference (SEC) or a dry campus.

Even with that many off campus facilities stopped serving. USC stopped in 2005, Pitt doesn't serve, etc.

I'm not hating on boozing, I just think alcohol before and during football games, espeically a college game where you do get a lot of visitors, leads to trouble.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

any REAL college student drinks natty.....its just something u have to do....

Not me.  I survived four years of USF without touching the stuff.  Then again, I was always the bastard who would chip in the extra ten bucks to get the Miller Lite keg instead.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Natty was so high school for me.

Miller Lite was middle school for me.

Archived