• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Government Elections

whiskeyboarder

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  0

In my 4 years of dealing with ASRC I never had a problem with them giving us a fair amount. We fundraise hardcore to make up the difference. I just think its awful that a lot of the clubs believe this, including people within the hockey club. No matter what I have said to smooth over what they said- they still have it in their head that next season we are getting all our travel paid for (30,000), even though as a SCC the most we could get (and most likely wont) is 10.

I just cringe for next year if this candiate wins and come August everyone is in a uproar because of written promises from this candiate that I know arent true, but these players are counting on. All they are doing is making it harder for the hockey exec. board to function. We have to come up with $60,000 on our own-- they are not helping the morale of the team for fundraising efforts in the off season.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

If WakeUSF can get $60000 for a boat..........

::)

its a one time expense- so I can kinda see that being justified.

The last 3 years the hockey expenses have been around 100,000 to run for the year. The school pays for our ice (80% of it), refs and ACHA dues. We have to come with everything else- this DOES NOT include equipment.

The bottom line crazy ideas of free travel and all the hockey sticks one could dream of should not be put in the player's heads. Remember hockey players are known for their athletic ability not their intelligence... these promises will confuse them :)

• Content Count:  10,874

ASRC, boy that's something I don't miss... :D

• Content Count:  470

STUDENTS:

For those of you that just chose to vote in the student body elections, I thank you.  For those that supported me, I offer even greater gratitude.  Because of your help, I was able to amass an overwhelming 547 votes.  Admittedly, many of those votes were encouraged because I took the time to submit my profile to supplement my name on the ballot ;) but, nonetheless, I would like to think that some concerned students were among my supporters.

I truly intend to use Bulls Pen as a tool to gauge the student body’s response to issues that concern athletics.  I hope to have a successful term and, again, greatly appreciate your support.

Thank you.

Steve

P.S.: For those unaware, the election for Student Body President / Vice President was close enough to warrant a run-off.  While I would encourage a vote for the Hall and Taylor ticket, I ask that each of you simply choose to vote one additional time (next week) in this important matter. 

I would hope all students will vote in the run off next week. Like the above poster said, I will be placing my vote with the Hall-Taylor ticket, but I encourage all students to check out both platforms.

Go Bulls

I support Taylor-Hall.

One of the canidates in the other party has hurt some Sports Clubs in the past (Will e-mail proof and the apology letter he was required to write). I dont care if its not right to call someone out- when they are telling clubs they are getting free travel, free this, when they have no control over it- all they are doing is pissing the people that know its BS off :)

I support Taylor-Hall.

One of the canidates in the other party has hurt some Sports Clubs in the past (Will e-mail proof and the apology letter he was required to write). I dont care if its not right to call someone out- when they are telling clubs they are getting free travel, free this, when they have no control over it- all they are doing is pissing the people that know its BS off :)

The only bad thing is that the majority of the students don't know about this. They hear good things and expect it to be true.

Anyways...

I asked the SCC advisor to email all clubs so they are aware that canidates cannot make those promises, but was told everyone should already know that.

I can tell club X thats its not true, but they are just going to dismiss it because no one of authority (a school person) has backed it up- even though they could open up a SCC handbook and see its not true- that takes to much effort.

• Content Count:  398

I too support Hall-Taylor.

I'm curious to know what Hall was being investigated about a while ago. I saw the tail-end of it in the Oracle.

Archived