• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays New Stadium

Joe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Hearings today.

It's a freking sham that the tax payers are going to have to front so much on a 450 Million dollar venue for a team that has played cheaply for so many years.

Their 2008 payroll is up, but I want to see this team really commit before any taxpayer money is used.

Public financed stadiums are to be approached with caution...especially in this case.

And I'm a Rays fan...

• Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  0

I love the new stadium and I hope it gets done.  Between the Tropicana sight and the new complex it will create many jobs and revitalize that area.  As far as the taxpayers paying for it though, I hope what they're asked to pay is kept to a minimum.  The big picture is that we need this stadium to bolster the Rays and St. Petes national image as a llegit MLB franchise and town.  Like the Rays said, if this thing gets done it would only be a matter of time before the all star game is here and I'm sure that would bring a great economic boost to the area.

Eh, at games last year it wasn't uncommon tonihht  have less than 5000 in actual attendance.

What jobs would it create beside temporary jobs for construction.

It's a bad deal for Pinellas and I would be shocked if the voters passed it.

• Content Count:  500

Why is the stadium still on the wrong side of the bay? If you are going to stay in the 727, move it up into the Clearwater area.

Rizzo

1) Where are you going to get the money for the stadium on the Tampa side

2) Who will convince Steinbrenner who was vastly against the Rays bck in the mid 90s when the Yanks were mving officed here. He pulled a deal with the city then to be he exclusive team here. While it doesn't exist anymore, he has donated over a million to the county for projects, including the 2012 olympic bid in 2001. The Yanks bring millions in dollars to the area every spring also.

I don't ever see them in Hillsborough. It's Pinellas no no Bay area team.

• Content Count:  883

Eh, at games last year it wasn't uncommon tonihht  have less than 5000 in actual attendance.

What jobs would it create beside temporary jobs for construction.

It's a bad deal for Pinellas and I would be shocked if the voters passed it.

Other than the construction jobs, it would create many sources of employment at the new retail/entertainment/residential? complex that would be on the old Tropicana site.  In addition, I would also think that the new area (Al Lang) would blow up attracting new businesses and therefore creating more new jobs.  And of course the stadium itself would offer jobs though I guess they wouldn't be new jobs since they're already doing that where they are. 

Like Rizzo, I also wish it would be on the Tampa side of the bay.  I go to any where from 10 to 15 games a season but I would probably go to double that if it was over here.  I also think walk up traffic alone would increase greatly.  It would be cool downtown by the water or something, but I guess St.Pete has to have something.

Whatever happens I like the way the orginization is headed.  I think they're actually trying to put a decent product out there for us.  We've suffered long enough and it would be nice to be at least a .500 team for once.

I don't really know enough about all the ins and outs of the deal, but I still wanted to throw my opinion out there for the hell of it.  I'm ready for some fantasy baseball drafts and opening day.  GO RAYS! 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ridiculous

this stadium shouldnt be approved for one baseball team

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think it will pass by the voters.  Everything I've read is 2/1 against.

• Content Count:  6,928

who cares about the Rays. I get my baseball fix watching our BULLS......

They are building a great product off of Fowler. I would bet that USF is competetive on a National basis before the Rays are...... Oh wait the Bulls are already a player. Projected 3rd in the Big East. Here is looking for an NCAA invite and a trip to Omaha.

JMHO.......

Go Bulls

I love college baseball, but unlike football and basketball it doesn't stand a chance next to MLB.

Archived