• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

football predictions

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

4-3 OR 3-4

MIDDLE OF THE PACK maybe a notch closer

why would anyone expect  first or second? based on what?

• Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

i think the only game we lose next yeay is at cincy

Depends on how cold it is.

First, USF easily has the ability to win every game next year.  If USF can play consistently, develop a real running game, overcome the losses of Jenkins & Williams in the defensive backfield, and find a field goal kicker that can make 90%...

However, USF has yet to show the ability to play 12 games with the discipline and concentration shown in the West Virginia game last year.  For that reason, I would say USF will lose one or two road games... and I wouldn't look past UCF for one of those.

Here is my analysis -- ranked from games USF is most likely win to games USF "more likely" to lose:

Clear wins:

Tennessee-Martin - A nice, relatively easy FCS opener for the Bulls.

FIU - Yes, they will be pumped for the first game in their renovated stadium, but the talent difference is just too big for the Panthers.

Syracuse - We all know that Oranges in Florida get squeezed.  It will happen again.

Probable wins:

Pittsburgh - The Wannstache brings the Panthers to Tampa with a good RB, but that's about it.  This game will look a lot like the last two.

Rutgers - No Rice. No Ito. In Tampa. Bulls looking for revenge against the Scarlet Knights.  The ACC added a little more highlight to this game.

NC State - The Wolfpack are still rebuilding.  If the game were in Tampa, USF would win this going away.  However, a trip to Raleigh between Kansas and our Big East opener could be a trap.

Louisville - So many players left the Cardinals this year, it's a wonder they have a team left.  Top receivers, top rusher, starting QB... And their defense was already suspect.  This game could be ugly if USF is clicking on all cylinders.

Toss-ups:

Connecticut - The only reason I put the Huskies here is the number of players returning: 20.  USF should have won the game last year, despite the hangover effect.

Kansas - The Jayhawks will be a Top 10-15 team next year.  They will still have a lot of talent from last season.  If the game was in Lawrence, it would be a probable loss.  In Tampa, USF can win this game.

Cincinnati - No Mauk, but Grutza has beaten USF.  The Bearcats return as many starters as USF, and the game is in the Queen City.

UCF - Most people will probably put the Knights in a category above, but the entire school will want to make a statement with this game. They will be showing off their prize OCS. It's on national TV.  It's the last scheduled game.  It's also USF's 2nd game of the season, and we know USF has shown problems shaking out the cobwebs for a few weeks in the season.

Possible losses:

West Virginia - I know, we have pwned the Mountaineers for two years.  There's no real reason to think the streak will be stopped, especially with their losses.  However, White and Devine will still be operating the same offense, and the game is back in Morgantown.  To some extent it could come down to when the game is played during the year.

So I am thinking USF will go anywhere from 7-5 to 12-0... without knowing the Big East schedule, the starting lineups, and any injury situations...

Edited because I should have looked up UCF's schedule... thanks USFan.

Edited again to correct NC State mascot... thanks outrunner

• Content Count:  1,457

Coach Leavitt = Longest serving BE coach

Bulls Talent Returning = Ranks highest in BE

Rutgers losing star = rear of pack

WVA losing stars = rear of pack

Bulls will top out and finish #1 in 2008!

• Content Count:  3,574

First, USF easily has the ability to win every game next year.  If USF can play consistently, develop a real running game, overcome the losses of Jenkins & Williams in the defensive backfield, and find a field goal kicker that can make 90%...

However, USF has yet to show the ability to play 12 games with the discipline and concentration shown in the West Virginia game last year.  For that reason, I would say USF will lose one or two road games... and I wouldn't look past UCF for one of those.

Here is my analysis -- ranked from games USF is most likely win to games USF "more likely" to lose:

Clear wins:

FIU - Yes, they will be pumped for the first game in their renovated stadium, but the talent difference is just too big for the Panthers.

Syracuse - We all know that Oranges in Florida get squeezed.  It will happen again.

Probable wins:

Pittsburgh - The Wannstache brings the Panthers to Tampa with a good RB, but that's about it.  This game will look a lot like the last two.

Rutgers - No Rice. No Ito. In Tampa. Bulls looking for revenge against the Scarlet Knights.  The ACC added a little more highlight to this game.

NC State - The Wildcats are still rebuilding.  If the game were in Tampa, USF would win this going away.  However, a trip to Raleigh between Kansas and our Big East opener could be a trap.

Louisville - So many players left the Cardinals this year, it's a wonder they have a team left.  Top receivers, top rusher, starting QB... And their defense was already suspect.  This game could be ugly if USF is clicking on all cylinders.

Toss-ups:

Connecticut - The only reason I put the Huskies here is the number of players returning: 20.  USF should have won the game last year, despite the hangover effect.

Kansas - The Jayhawks will be a Top 10-15 team next year.  They will still have a lot of talent from last season.  If the game was in Lawrence, it would be a probable loss.  In Tampa, USF can win this game.

Cincinnati - No Mauk, but Grutza has beaten USF.  The Bearcats return as many starters as USF, and the game is in the Queen City.

UCF - Most people will probably put the Knights in a category above, but the entire school will want to make a statement with this game. They will be showing off their prize OCS. They could be coming off a major win over South Carolina a week earlier.  It's on national TV.  It's the last scheduled game.  It's also USF's 2nd game of the season, and we know USF has shown problems shaking out the cobwebs for a few weeks in the season.

Possible losses:

West Virginia - I know, we have pwned the Mountaineers for two years.  There's no real reason to think the streak will be stopped, especially with their losses.  However, White and Devine will still be operating the same offense, and the game is back in Morgantown.  To some extent it could come down to when the game is played during the year.

So I am thinking USF will go anywhere from 7-5 to 12-0... without knowing the Big East schedule, the starting lineups, and any injury situations...

South Carolina State  ;)

Still, I agree... that would be a huge win for them!

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Clear wins:

Probable wins:

NC State - The Wildcats are still rebuilding.  If the game were in Tampa, USF would win this going away.  However, a trip to Raleigh between Kansas and our Big East opener could be a trap.

Toss-ups:

UCF - Most people will probably put the Knights in a category above, but the entire school will want to make a statement with this game. They will be showing off their prize OCS. They could be coming off a major win over South Carolina a week earlier.  It's on national TV.  It's the last scheduled game.  It's also USF's 2nd game of the season, and we know USF has shown problems shaking out the cobwebs for a few weeks in the season.

Possible losses:

if i remember correctly we beat auburn our second game of the season

i doubt we have any trouble with ucf

• Content Count:  4,642

South Florida has a better chance of beating UCF than we do to beat TM

Archived